Yesterday we went for a walk around our downtown and stopped into a little antique shop. The kids were fascinated that all the things in there were once special to someone else. All the dishes were used by other families, all the little baby clothes and shoes were worn by other babies, the dolls belonged to other little girls, the cars were played with by other little boys. I didn't have much money but I picked out an old book that had stories for children. When we got home, I put Sarah to bed upstairs and when I came down, M had found this perfect shady spot in the yard and was reading it to her brothers. So I brought their lunch out there, and they had a picnic.
Sometimes I feel like they are missing out on things, like things we can't afford (M wants to take gymnastics, I think all kids need to be in swimming lessons, etc) but then days like this I think they are having a pretty great childhood.

2 comments:
I'd say so!!! Well love and well fed! :)
Yes, they are having a great childhood. I love that photo!
Post a Comment