Monday, January 14, 2013

Dairy free again

I took Sarah to my favorite ibclc last Saturday and she thought, with her congestion and rash, that she has some kind of allergy.  She suggested I eliminate dairy from my diet... I admit I was a little reluctant to do this again, it's a big sacrifice for me.  (Did it for a year with Madeleine.)  I have to cook differently and give up my very favorite iced coffee with real cream and sweetened condensed milk.  But, it's definitely worth it for her to feel better.  She is still a little congested but definitely better.  I started making my iced coffee with coconut creamer and I made my own sweetened condensed coconut milk.  It's a decent substitute.

Also we had the most amazing weather I remember in January this past weekend.  It got into the 60s on Friday and Saturday!  So we went to our neighborhood park both days and everyone had a great time.  John Paul even spotted a crawdad, or as he called it, a "giant lobsta."  Sarah and I enjoyed the fresh air and sunshine while the kids and daddy played.  It was soooo nice and made me wish for spring.





Loved loved loved this weekend!  And look how much better her face looks!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The weather was amazing here this weekend too, but we woke up to temps in the 20's and hail this morning(the hail is really weird for this time of year). Looks like the park trip was lots of fun. Good luck on the dairy free, your an amazing Mom!
She really is beautiful!

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

oh man! I know how hard it is and I feel your pain. But you're right-it's totally worth it! I'm glad to hear that neither of the boys needed you to go dairy free-that gives me hope for this next one. I don't want to do it again!!! wah wah!

Julie said...

Glad it helps. Giving up dairy stinks! I did it did 12 years...not fun!

Monica said...

I hope you can restart dairy soon! I had to LOL at the third picture. At first glance, I thought both boys were taking a pee in the creek. HAHAHA!

Beth said...

Shhhhh Monica they don't know they can stand up and do that yet!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

I think her face was always adorably perfect, but that's just me :)

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

OH NO!!!! NO DAIRY FREE!!!!