Thursday, November 10, 2011

Proud Mama

I have a lot to write about, our trip to St. Louis, Leo's surgeon appointment, the hellish drive home from St. Louis, but I wanted to share one quick story.

A few months ago, I made Madeleine and John Paul memorize my cell phone number. They both memorized it easily, and remembered correctly even weeks later. We talked about that if they were to ever get separated in a store or something, to go up to someone with a name tag, who looks like they work there, and tell them their name and that they lost their mommy. Then they could tell them my phone number and they could call me and I would come right away.

So in St. Louis this week we went to The Magic House which is an amazing Children's Museum. There was a toddler area with a sand table, water table, tubes to climb in, slides, dollhouses, and all kinds of stuff to play with and all kinds of tiny rooms to explore in a big enclosed area. Madeleine and John Paul were kind of running all over the place and exploring it all. There was a baby area too with a little ball pit and some other things for babies under 24 months. I took Leo in there and Madeleine didn't know where I was. So she went to a worker and told them my phone number! They didn't call it but instead looked around for me for a minute before they found me. I told her I was so proud of her and she did the exact right thing! And the workers were SO impressed that a 4 year old would know that and know exactly what to do.

She actually didn't know the area code, but on the way home she memorized the first 3 numbers, so now she knows the whole thing. I'm so proud of her!

3 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Awww, that's a great thing to teach them, that's for sure!!

Anxious to hear about the appointment and trip!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Smart girl!!!

JellyBelly said...

What a smarty pants!

Hope Leo's appointment went well!