Saturday, May 28, 2011

Heard at Mass tonight

I think we need to work on whispering this week.

Madeleine was sitting on my mom's lap at mass.

Grandma: Madeleine, say 'Thanks be to God."
Madeleine: Thanks Peter God. (looks really confused) Who's Peter GOD?
Grandma, trying to stifle her giggles: Thanks BE to God.
Madeleine, looking even more confused: Thanks Beeda God?
Grandma, laughing out loud now: No. Thanks. Be. To. God.
Madeleine just looks at Grandma like she's crazy.

A few minutes later, Madeleine starts pulling on the neckline of Grandma's shirt.

Grandma: Don't do that.
Madeleine: WHY?
Grandma whispers: Grandma's underwear is in there.
Madeleine looking more confused than ever: Grandma, how is your UNDERWEAR in your SHIRT? (Remember the kid doesn't know how to whisper, and there's a seminarian sitting directly behind us.)
Grandma, laughing, whispers something into Madeleine's ear.
Madeleine, in a totally normal (loud) voice: What's a BRA?
Grandma: You can ask Mommy later.

14 comments:

Amazing Life said...

love your stories!

More Than Anything said...

So funny!!

Ouiz said...

OK, THAT is incredibly funny!

I'm not sure if you remember our story or not, but Christopher always thought it was:

"Thanks, Speedy God!"

We still laugh about that...

Megan said...

Ps I got two stranger comments today. The first said, "you are brave!" and the second said, "you deserve a medal of honor! I'm tired just watching you!"

Sigh.

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

You really should write a book. This is too funny!!!!

Kathryn said...

I'm cracking up - too funny!

Cathy said...

Bwahaha! We started practicing whispering as soon as Mary started talking. We'd go: "Okay, now whisper." "Okay, now out loud." "Now whisper." "Now out loud."

Has saved us from a LOT of potential embarrassment. The things that go through her head...LOL.

Julie said...

better you than me!!!

ourbakersdozen said...

LOVE IT!!!

Karey said...

Haha! Love it!

Schlee said...

Well, we were only in the Kohl's dressing room, not church, but Merrin loudly announced that she couldn't get the bathing suit she was trying on because people would be able to see her vulva.

Beth said...

LOL Schlee! I love my goddaughter!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

I didn't get to comment on this the other day. (Silly blogger wouldn't let me log in!) but it CRACKED me up!!!! TOOOO funny! Your Grandma is awesome! What a good sport!

Nicole C said...

That kid.

That's all I got.