Friday, May 20, 2011

First taste

While eating lunch poolside at mom and dad's house, Leo practically grabbed a handful of food off my plate and shoved it in his mouth. So, I decided to let him have a little taste of cantaloupe. He LOVED it. He kept grabbing my hand and pulling it back to his mouth. He was able to take some bites and swallow them no problem! I don't plan on really starting him on solid foods quite yet, but he's old enough to try a few things.



Oh and he slept 11.5 hours last night! Thrilled does not begin to describe how I feel about this!

5 comments:

Sew said...

I saw some carrots in Hannah's diaper today. :) hahahaha

I gave her strawberry as I was making the jam and she spit it all back up...Poor baby.... :(

I must not give my baby anymore food. ;)

Julie said...

Not sure if you are worried about this Sew, but strawberries are not supposed to be tried until they are 12 months because of allergies/intolerances. Maybe Hannah knew that so she just spit it up!! Ha ha!

Sew said...

She spit up carrots and kohlrabi too.... ;). Not too worried about intolerances since she is just learning the texture of food and not getting enuff of anything at this point.

And yes I know I should not have given her taste of 3 different foods in a day. ;).

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Leo - you melt my heart every time I see you! :)

Kathryn said...

soooo cute!