Little Man has totally regressed over here. He eats SO much at night. Last night he ate 17 oz between midnight at 8 am. 3 full bottles plus a little extra. I spent the entire night laying next to him, either holding the bottle or the paci in his mouth just hoping for a little shut eye. Whenever he wakes up, I go pump and Ken feeds him his bottle. Ken tries to put him back to bed. He feeds him, then rocks him until he is FAST asleep. But about 5 minutes after he puts him down, he's squirming around, then is wide awake.
I'd think I'd be totally dragging since I really haven't had much more than a 3 hour stretch since he was born, and the past few nights I've probably gotten 3 hours total of non consecutive sleep. But I actually don't feel too bad. Maybe my body is used to it by now!
He's getting big, so I'm hoping he's just having a big growth spurt and will start sleeping longer at night. But, he's totally worth all the extra effort, pumping, feeding, waking up at night. I really don't mind it all too much. I love him so much.
I have had SO many people ask me if I'm DONE now that I have 3 kids. Seriously. Strangers ask me this just about every day. No way. I'm 31 years old. I'm just getting started ;)
5 comments:
I can't believe people ask you so frequently if you're done. Sheesh, people! I don't think I've ever had anyone ask me that (and we're not, if you were wondering! :)
Um no Meredith, that thought never crossed my mind! I am more wondering When number 4 is coming along for you! :)
So cool. I love that I got into you and your blgog early on, and get to watch your family as it grows.
I hope the sleep gets better soon!!!
I hope the sleep gets better for you too. How much is he eating during the day? I sure wish John could handle that volume but he does sleep so I will count my blessings!! :) You are doing so great Beth, hang in there.
I feel your pain as I am the human all night pacifier. I can't even talk about it anymore b/c it's casting such a negative shadow on an otherwise adorable little baby boy:) They will sleep. They HAVE too!
Post a Comment