Poor third child. I did monthly updates of both of the other kids but he has yet to have one!
Leo turned 4 months old a few days ago. I hate to jinx myself but I think he might have FINALLY turned a corner with his sleeping habits. It has only been a few days but he has slept in his cradle, and even fallen asleep by himself in there! For naps and everything! It's SO nice to have him sleep upstairs instead of in the swing. I don't have to worry about the kids waking him up (as much). He still gets up usually about twice a night, and eats about 5 oz at a time. He is definitely growing and getting big. I just switched all his 0-3 month clothes out and he's now in 3-6.

He is really such a sweet baby. He hardly EVER cries, he is easy to please, fun to hang out with. Of course when he does cry, he is by far the loudest of the three. Ken and I took JUST HIM to mass on Sunday (we had a very bad experience taking the older two the week before, so we left them with Grandma.) I took him out of his carseat and everyone around us, front and back, were staring at him. He smiles so easily he attracted a ton of attention. I think it's the hair. Everyone just loved him.

He is doing great with his special needs bottle and he also likes his pacifier. He's my first kid to take one. He is not very good at keeping it in his mouth though. I hope he improves with that pretty soon. He really enjoys being carried in the Moby and the Ergo. Thank goodness for the carriers, as I have another little guy who started to enjoy walking "by self." So it's great to have free hands for that one!
Leo's brother and sister just love him. Madeleine especially is a huge help. She puts his paci in his mouth, talks to him, smiles at him, covers him up, puts his socks on and he adores her. Her favorite thing to do in the morning is lay in my bed with him while I'm getting ready. She usually covers them both up and holds his hand and just stares at him. I tell her that God answered her prayer for a baby and gave us Baby Leo.

I have been holding him pretty much since he was born! I was a little worried at first that since I couldn't nurse him, we wouldn't bond as well. That has not been the case at all. I love him SO much, and I am proud of myself that he has had nothing but breastmilk his whole life. I will admit, it is hard to pump every three hours and it's especially hard to get up (twice) at night. But I think of both the milk and the sacrifice as a gift to him. I'm taking it day by day and still have the goal of making it at least a year. I think I can do it!
Happy 4 months Leo Michael!
10 comments:
Happy 4 months. Mommy's love is all over your sweet face. You have an amazing family and you are an amazing boy!
He does look like JP! Love that big smily face!
so sweet.
HE IS SO HAPPY! I just want to hold that sweet boy:) I love seeing pictures of him!
JP Jr.
Love him! Congrats, Mister Leo! You are a special little boy.
AWWWW I LOVE HIM!!!!!
GO YOU, pumping away! You're an amazing mama!
He is so darling! Pumping all the time-I can't even fathom it, It is the greatest act of love I think! I am glad he is sleeping better. AJ is 5 months and just took 5 oz for the first time yesterday so I think his meds are regulated enough that the reflux is in check to eat more. hopefully he will slow down at night now! :) Great update! (And I can't help it, I want to hear about church with three-Charlie is so good, but about a month ago he tore up the aisle and across the church and was up and down every main aisle before I caught him!)
He is just adorable! I didn't nurse some of my children, so I just treated the bottle like I would for nursing and for a VERY long time I was the only one who fed them.
I agree with everyone else, he looks so much like JP!!!
Oh my goodness... that is the cutest picture! Just melts your heart...
Post a Comment