1. I'm not sure I'll make it to 7 but you never know.
2. I read part of The Baby Whisperer today in Barnes and Nobles. She recommends an Eat, Play, Sleep routine. I've never tried this before but I might with Leo. She also said parents feed their babies too often and not enough, and it's better if they eat more every 3-4 hours. I'm totally not a "schedule" parent but I tried this today anyway. I fed him a 5 oz bottle, then he was awake, then he took a good nap, he woke up hungry and we started over. He was happy all day. Hm... this Baby Whisperer lady might be onto something.
3. I love the book Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day. I have a bowl of Brioche dough in the fridge and I'm making something delicious tomorrow for breakfast.
4. We played outside at a playground today for the first time this season. The kids loved it even though it was a little cold and windy. Then they went right to sleep. Ahhhh I love wearing them out outside.
5. Yeah.... not gonna make it to seven.
6. Oh, I'm not a fan of Daylight Savings time. I wish we could go back to NOT changing our clocks, like the way we grew up around here in Indiana.
7. I made it! Going to bed now!
7 comments:
People in Indiana don't change their clocks???
I like the baby whisperer, too. After reading her book, I had such a better idea about babies. Who knew?
Haven't I been telling u about that book lady?! Or at least the technique! Haha. It actually took 3-4ppl telling me about it b4 I tried it. Things changed with Hannah and I once I read it!! She slept from 730-230-730!!!!!
Yep, I like the Eat, Play Sleep method and it worked great for Bella!! Happiest Baby EVER!
Wait...bread in 5 minutes?? You HAVE to let me know how that turns out!
Uh oh...my dad was one of the yea votes for DST in Indiana. *cringe* Don't hate me! :)
Kaitlin, we didn't FOREVER, and it just changed about 5 yrs ago. HUGE controversy (which I thought was a little melodramatic). Some places out west, like Arizona, still don't! Sometimes they're Mountain Time & sometimes they're Pacific!
I have never read the Baby Whisper but I think I might like it. :-) I love the eat, play, sleep routine! I have done it with both boys and I try to get all the babies I watch on that routine. I am also a huge fan of the 3-4 hour schedule. I know these aren't for everyone but it has been great for us for the last 3 years! :-)
Too funny! My parents kept me up to date on all the "outraged" letters to the editor over the whole daylight savings time bit.
I read the Baby Whisperer book awhile back. The part that I liked the best was how she described the different kinds of cries and what they meant.
Post a Comment