This issue has become near and dear to my heart in the past 6 1/2 weeks. It just makes me physically sick that people would consider a cleft lip and/or palate a reason to end a life. What is next?
As much as it saddens me what these mothers are doing, my heart goes out to them. They are rejecting a wonderful gift from God. They are missing out on an incredible blessing.
In the past 6 1/2 weeks, my sweet Leo has already changed our lives for the better. He has made all of us in our family more patient and loving. He has shown my children that God does great things for us. I have met some wonderful people who have been such a blessing to my life because of him. I have become closer to God. I have prayed and thanked God for him every minute of every day. Who knows what God has in store for him, and our family because he is here? We have always had a heart for adoption, perhaps we will adopt a baby with a cleft someday. I know God wanted him here and and I know that he will do his part to change the world. He has already blessed our family and friends. He has already brought us closer to God. He makes me want to fight for unborn babies even more.
Leo, if you are reading this someday, we love you and we thank God every day that he gave you to us! You are precious to God and to everyone who meets you!
9 comments:
Wow, really? It wouldn't have even occured to me that anyone would consider aborting because of a cleft lip/palate. But, then again, if people will abort because of a gender preference, I guess they'll abort for anything. So sad.
What a blessing little Leo is!
I'm all choked up after reading this. Leo's a lucky boy to have such a great family!
Roe v. Wade just opened the floodgates. God bless those poor babies.
AMEN
Amen!!!
Oh, Lord have mercy. It's so unthinkable. Look at your angel there. What a gift!!!
I love love love this.
I am bawling!!!!!!!! Oh my GOSH!!!! I can't stop thinking of my little nephew, too, and his ADORABLE smile, along with your beautiful Leo...such wonderful little fellas...this definitely hits close to home and makes me more determined to do something, too, Beth!
our society is so...selfish and sad :(...
Just precious, and a great reminder to pray for the unborn and their parents.
Post a Comment