Thursday it died in the middle of the highway. With both kids in the car. With Ken and my dad out of town and my mom working (taking care of Ava.) Luckily I was able to make it to a left turn lane and put my hazard lights on, and mom was able to come get it. I'm sure it was a humorous sight watching a humongous pregnant woman (and I do mean humongous - I measured my waist and it's as long as a 4 year old is tall - and it's the same as Sew's ;) try to maneuver two kids and two carseats on a busy road into mom's car, with Ava's booster seat wedged in between. We were able to do it, paid 60 bucks for the van to be towed, then the guy said he "fixed" it (for $120 more) and we picked it up Friday. I even asked him if it was safe to drive to Alabama in a few weeks, and he said definitely!
Well tonight it died in the driveway. How fun is THAT?
10 comments:
Oh my goodness, you just can't catch a break. I saw your post on facebook about it breaking down in the middle of the highway and I told Mike "I sure hope that Ken was with her" I hope that you can get it fixed for real this time.
ugh. awful. :(
Oh, no. What you described is one of my worst nightmares!! Sigh....
Oh No!!!! Ugh. I am so sorry to hear this. That van is turning into a money pit!!! I HATE car problems!!
Oh Beth! I'm so sorry!! That's terrifying trying to wrangle all that stuff into your mom's car on a busy road!
OK, I think it's time we pray and ask St. Anthony's intercession to either find you a new car or find a mechanic that can fix your car!
That's terrible! Is this the same vehicle you got fixed last week? We're probably going to buy a used van next year, so hearing this makes me nervous. Car problems are so annoying (and expensive!).
Thanks for not mentioning you are 3 weeks ahead of me....hahahaha
Dang van! ERGH!
Oh poo! Sorry.
That stinks. Car troubles are just that... trouble. It seems like they are a spiraling black hole of empty promises and money. Hoping that the situation improves quickly!!! Good luck with the next few weeks!
Not fun at all. We had to replace both our vehicles this year. We've had a year of *everything* going wrong and needing replacing. At least it was on the driveway, I guess!
Post a Comment