With a little grace thrown in.
Today we were leaving the library, when our van stalled just as we were getting ready to pull into the intersection. Ken told me to get into the driver's seat and steer while he pushed the van into a parking lot across the street (at my old high school.) As soon as we got into the spot, I waddled out of the car and saw a man who was helping Ken push. He was wearing a mechanic jumpsuit type thing. He said he was a mechanic who lived right across the street. He did some diagnosis on the van and came to the conclusion that it was the fuel pump (Please GOD let him be right and let this be the last thing wrong with this van for a while!) Anyway, he called a friend at Auto zone to see if they had the part we needed. He said he could pull the van over to his house with his truck and fix it for us, $150 for the part and $150 for the labor. We figured this was a good deal so that's where our van is right now. We called my mom and dad to come pick us up. The van probably won't be done till Monday. Ugh. I figured we were fine with the van. It seems like there's always something that happens when we start getting back on our feet. Now I'm kind of thinking we won't be able to go to Alabama for Thanksgiving because we were not expecting to have to pay this $300. But thank God that mechanic was right there.
Not a fan of car trouble.
8 comments:
Alabama!!! That's where I'm from:) where were u planning on going in AL and to see who? I'm so excited to see Alabama in a blogger post. Haha.
Ugh... that stinks, Beth. :( However, that is good that the mechanic was right there!
UUUGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is great that he was there to help you guys! But I am so sorry about Alabama, I know how much you were looking forward to it. I hope that something happens and you guys are still able to go!
How lucky that you had help close at hand!
I hope that this is the last problem that you have for a long time!!!
That just stinks. Car trouble ranks right up there as one of the most disruptive and intrusive things that happen. Grrrr.
Boo, I was gonna see you! ;(
If you would have brought it to Chicago I would have done it for some of your cooking :)
Post a Comment