Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Thank you St. Anthony!

Today we weren't able to be downstairs much because we couldn't walk on most of the floors. SO, we basically woke up, got the kids dressed, and went to Grandma's house. Sometime during the time we were getting the kids dressed and ready, Ken handed me a substantial check to deposit today. I stuck it in my pocket and promptly forgot about it. We went to Grandma's, I went through a bunch of clothes we got for John Paul from friends, we ate breakfast and headed to the Children's Museum (and had a great time!) I paid for our lunch and then pulled my phone out of my pocket to check a text from Ken, which said to make sure to deposit the check. Check? What Check? I checked my pockets. I checked my wallet. I checked my purse, the stroller, the car, went home and looked at the changing table where I was standing when Ken handed it to me, and could not find it. Uh oh. I told Ken I couldn't find it. I prayed to St. Anthony and asked him to help me find it. Not 5 minutes later, the Children's Museum called and said they had the check!!!!! I could not believe it. I had to drive all the way back downtown to get it, but it was totally worth it. ;)


_____________________

In other news, I haven't talked about my ultrasound on Friday. That boy was measuring a full 2 weeks bigger than his dates. I was 28 weeks 3 days and he was measuring over 30 weeks, weighing in at a whopping 3 lbs 7 oz. Whew! The doctor said that he might have had a growth spurt and would even out, when I expressed concern at having a 10 pound baby. She also said I could have another ultrasound at 36 weeks, right before we went to Alabama for Thanksgiving, and also check my cervix, but she thinks I'll be good to go. I have to go every 2 weeks now, which I actually enjoy! I love hearing his heartbeat. By the way, he is just ADORABLE and looks like his big brother. He had his hands up by his face most of the time. I actually can't believe we're about to have 3 kids. I'm so excited to meet him. I was kind of worried before John Paul was born about Madeleine having a sibling, after having us all to herself for 2 years. I wondered how she would do, and if I could possibly love him as much as I loved her? But now that he's been here for 17 months, I see what a wonderful gift he is to ALL of us. Madeleine loves him, he makes her a better person, he makes us better parents, she is a wonderful big sister to him and they play together SO well. It's obvious they love each other. So I'm SO excited to add another sibling to the family. I truly believe what John Paul the Great said, "The greatest gift you can give your child is a sibling." This time I'm not worried about them, or if I'll love him as much as the other two, but maybe a little about my own sanity.... ;)

4 comments:

Angela said...

Jaymes was measuring FOUR weeks ahead, and at 2 and a half weeks early and 8 pounds, he would have been huge if I would have made it to 40 weeks!

Isabella is still not quite sure about having a sibling, after having us to herself for 3 and a half years, but I know she'll come around eventually. I can't wait to see your little guy!

WheelbarrowRider said...

I can't wait to have our second. You are right when you commented on my post, they will be the same distance apart as yours. I don't believe there is an ideal spacing, and we were just open to whatever after IF, but I am excited to see how much Charlie loves babies and is looking forward to this little one. I think it will work out perfectly!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

I *heart* St. Anthony! Really, I do. Our 1st born son (hoping, hoping, hoping there is one) will be named Anthony. I think he is an AMAZING saint. I love hearing stories like this!

Kathryn said...

It will be here before you know it! Your going to love having 3!
It may take a little time to find the new normal, but before you know it you'll feel like it always was this way!