He is extremely coordinated (compared to someone else around here, especially!) He runs, kicks, throws, climbs, goes up and down stairs, etc. He is very sturdy and I don't worry much about him falling. We went to the Children's museum today and I loved this picture of him looking in the mirror....
His vocabulary is getting HUGE! He learns new words every day and is even putting 2-3 word sentences together. He loves dinosaurs and goats (I know, goats?) He can name lots and lots of animals. He loves books, especially ones with animals, and Curious George. His favorite is Good Night Gorilla, which he calls "Lilla." I'm so thankful he has outgrown his screaming phase now that he can talk better and tell us what he wants. He is very excited about EVERYTHING. My dad loves to ask him "John Paul did you have fun today?" because he always says, "YES!!!!" He also says Yes whenever I ask him if he wants to eat, and "I EAT!" is one of his favorite phrases. He also loves any kind of water fountains, and pumpkins.
He is still a really cuddly, lovable kid. He loves to sit on our laps and rock, and will randomly come over and hug my legs several times a day. He loves his sister SO much, and she loves him. She calls him "Little Hance" or "Hancey" - short for Handsome ;) I hope he's ok when little Ice is born - he's still kind of needy and a little on the high maintenance side. I know it will be a blessing for him but it might be hard on him at first.
I was worried about how Madeleine would do with him, and he's been nothing but a wonderful blessing in all our lives!
We love you John Paul!!!
9 comments:
What a big boy! He's so cute.. and smart!! And I love reading about everything he's doing. It gets me excited for what's ahead for us!
I love that baby.... ;)
He reminds me of my Charlie in a lot of ways, esp the taking a bit to wake up. We lay in his big boy bed together while he enjoys a few last minutes with his paci and blanket (we make him leave them in bed, but then he's two). Love the pics! I love hearing all the phrases and development, isn't it so amazing to watch them learn new things every day?! I love hearing how M did with him, think C will be okay but it is reassuring to me.
He is such a cutie! Avery was 17 months old when Lucy was born, and it was challenging for about a day, and then it was fine!
I'm sure JP will love being a big brother!
Awwwww!!! I love this post! Aaand it made me want to have kids even more than before I read it haha. Sweet little boy, happy 18months! :)
I think he is the cutest godson his godmother could ever have!!!!!!
He really is handsome, so M is right on target in his nickname!!! Maybe we have another Father Weldon on our hands:):) (we can only hope and pray!!)
Love him so much. Praying for him!
That mirror pictured turned out so so cute!! He is such a sweet little boy and so much fun to be around!!! I think he will do great when little Ice is born. I love you JP!!!
Grandma loves that little Hance!!!
And don't forget he likes to touch everything:)
Post a Comment