Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall Baking

Madeleine and I have been baking a lot lately. I bought this book, Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day. I have never been able to make decent bread and I really wanted to try it. So far we've made 3 recipes out of the book and they've all been fantastic! I would totally recommend it if you need more delicious carbs in your life ;)

We've also made Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins and Pumpkin pancakes with homemade applesauce.

I tried to have the kids pictures taken today. I bought them new clothes, went to two stores yesterday to find white shoe polish for Bud's shoes, woke him up early so he would take a good morning nap. They looked SO cute. I was hoping these would be their Christmas pictures. Unfortunately, John Paul started crying the second we stepped into the room. Madeleine either wouldn't take her thumb out of her mouth or was making silly faces. NONE of them turned out. We're trying again Friday. Pray for us ;)

Oh he was perfectly fine at home.


It wasn't until we got there that the screaming fits started.

She looks SO GROWN UP!
I already washed their outfits so they'll be ready on Friday. Our photographer who we've been going to since Madeleine was born is leaving Olan Mills and starting her own studio. I'm sure she'll be fantastic but I'm thinking it won't be $5 a sheet!

9 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh my goodness, M does look so grown up. Good luck on Friday!!!

Megan said...

They look so cute! I hope that Friday goes more smoothly! :)

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

I seriously can't stand the level of cuteness of your children. Makes me want to eat them. What is with that? What kind of genes do you have?

How FRUSTRATING about the pics!! AGHH!!!!!!!!!!!

... said...

So adorable!

Did you use canned pumpkin? I cannot find it anywhere here. Apparently there was a shortage (per google) and my hubby is dying for some pumpkin bread.

Julie said...

That picture of Madeleine looks so much like YOU! Like mother, like daughter!
I am excited to see you today...and to try to take pics of your naughty (ha ha) kids sometime next week. They are truly adorable!!!

Mrs. Mike said...

I adore ABI5MAD! The only trouble I've had with it is if the dough sits longer than 2 weeks in the fridge. It starts to get weepy and won't rise in the oven.

nicole said...

So cute. I think you should look into having pictures done at home or out somewhere that is not a standard studio. We've been blessed with a local person offering to do a free session with us!

Mary said...

Come to Omaha!!! We will take them! No charge!

And Ann - we have no canned pumpkin in Omaha, either! :( So sad.

Joe D. said...

Your little buddy sure is getting big!