Friday, July 02, 2010

Zoo trip

We went to the zoo today with our friends who are in town from Texas. This morning Madeleine told me that her tummy didn't feel "berry well" but she still wanted to go to the zoo. 5 minutes after we got there she threw up ALL over her skirt and shirt. Luckily our friend's one year old son had a 24 month shirt that she borrowed for the rest of the day. This is how she saw the zoo:

She totally did not care one bit! It was pretty funny. She recovered quickly and enjoyed the zoo - especially petting the sharks. There must have been a lot of sympathetic mothers there because I didn't get any weird looks for letting my daughter walk around in her Elmo underwear all day. This will look great in her wedding (or final vows) slide show don't you think?

Unfortunately she was still sick when she got home. I am hoping she's completely recovered and we can enjoy our 3 day weekend!

On a happier note, John Paul lost his stride rite sandal but I called security tonight and someone had turned it in! Madeleine was happy when she heard we'd be going back to the zoo to get his sandal ;)

This weekend we're planning on a good friend's party on the 4th, (where I will be trying out her triple stroller and seeing if I want to buy it from her), and our town's local festival on the 5th - and we're going to try to hit the parade this year. People throwing candy? My kids will be all over THAT.

Reason number 567 that I need a triple stroller:

Yesterday we went to the splash park and I changed them into their bathing suits at the picnic tables, which are about 10 feet from the actual splash park. I changed Madeleine into her suit first and told her she could go ahead to the water. I got John Paul into his suit and took him over there, where she was nowhere to be found. I looked all over and then looked all over the playground. I was starting to get concerned when one of the workers brought her over to me. She had walked all the way across the field and was picking flowers by the retention pond! When the lady had asked her what she was doing, she said, "I was walking far." That kid is gonna send me to an early grave. She is on a VERY short leash now. I won't let her out of my sight. I think I am going to need to have a place to strap her in in these situations. However I'm also thinking that I can probably wait until next spring, and when we go out I can use the double stroller and carry the baby in the wrap. Hm.... we'll see how much I like this triple on Sunday. She bought it and it won't fit in her car so she's selling it to me at a discounted rate if I want it ;)

By the way I'm still in awe that 4 years ago I thought maybe I'd never have kids, now I'm looking at triple strollers. Wow. Thank God.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

I was wondering about that text! I wanted to ask what the heck was going on, but drew was being drew, so.....

And thank God indeed!

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

From IF to triple stroller... praise God!

I just *love* that picture! HA!!!!

Sew said...

Poor baby! :)

Meredith said...

I'm wondering if you wouldn't be better off just waiting on a stroller until baby comes and seeing how things are next summer. (unsolicited advice, take it or leave it!) Although, I bet you'd use it in stores/museums in the winter? From personal experience (and my kids are different and #1 is older than Madeleine will be), we have been just fine with a double stroller and an Ergo carrier, or double stroller and biker, or double stroller and child harness. Actually, if they ever start selling a double Ergo carrier, I'm all over that. ;) Seriously, sometimes I think it would just be easier to strap two kids to myself, but then I suppose I might not be able to walk... Oh, this blessed life! Praise God for the kids we get to strap in the stroller or on our bodies.

... said...

What an awesome picture! Too funny.

What a difference 4 years can make :)

Kathryn said...

I used a triplet stroller for years and couldn't have done without it. It can be cumbersome and doesn't fit everywhere, but it was worth it!

Megan said...

I have heard great things about the Joovy Caboose! :)