Thursday, July 15, 2010

No question here

It's definitely a boy! I'm really excited! Last night Ken and I decided to tell Madeleine that she was going to have another sibling. We hadn't really sat down and told her before, just because we thought it was an awful long time for a 3 year old to wait. So after I put John Paul to bed, we sat down in her room and told her. I said, "You know how you've been praying and asking God for a new baby? Well God decided it was time for our family to have a new baby!" She got a big smile on her face and I told her that he'd be here right around Christmas. Then I told her that tomorrow (today) we got to go to the doctor and see a picture of the baby in Mommy's tummy. I asked if she'd like to come and she got a huge smile on her face and got really excited! So she got to come with me today and we saw him.....

He is doing great - everything looks perfect. Ken came too and took Madeleine home where my mom was watching John Paul while I had my doctor appointment. I asked her if I'd get another ultrasound and she said, "Oh I'm sure we can find a reason to get you one." I get to go back for another appointment in a month.

Also my big news of the day - we got this car seat! It's from a friend of mine - thanks Mary! I gave our other one away a little prematurely - but it was getting past it's prime anyway. I'm excited to have an infant car seat in the house and it makes it seem a little more real.


Also, the story of my life - Whenever Bud plays outside, I end up stripping him down to his diaper. I've never seen a kid get so messy!

Then I have to do this to him - which he LOVES!
Off to enjoy little baby kicks!

7 comments:

Brenda said...

That's so exciting! Maggie is not open to a brother at ALL....hope she's not too terribly disappointed if it is:)

Cathy said...

That photo is just beautiful. (Well, all three of them but I mean the ultrasound.)

Hooray for boys!

:)

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Oh my gosh, BEAUTIFUL u/s!!!! Sheesh!!

Veronica said...

How wonderful Beth...so happy for your family!!!

Megan said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear what you name him!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Look at him so precious in the sink!
Love the u/s picture- great shot!

Anonymous said...

I always loved sharing that a new sibling was on its way! We took all 6 boys to Faith's ultrasound!