Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hanging with the Godparents

Madeleine's godparents, Jeff and Donna, have been in town all week. They were supposed to stay with us but unfortunately their daughter got sick and they weren't able to. We still got to hang out with them a little though, and had a great time!

Jeff with Big John Paul and Little John Paul


Madeleine with her Godparents (they have their work cut out for them!)
Last night we had a big party for Donna, who is turning 40 in a week! We had so much fun, even though Ken couldn't make it - he was working like crazy this week. There was tons of great food, lots of kids to play with, great friends, a swingset and a sandbox. The kids partied a little too hard! John Paul was caked in sand and popsicle juice, and Fr. Dan sprinkled him with holy water (he needed it!)
Madeleine got to sit with Jenny, Doug, and Fr. Dan, who fed her anything she wanted - Doritos, rice krispie treats (or Ice Christmas Trees, as she calls them), cake, popsicles, etc.
This morning she woke up and said her tummy didn't feel "berry well." (Yeah, no wonder!) I asked her if she wanted anything to eat or drink. She said, "Juice always helps tummies, and it goes good with cake!" Yeah, she was fine.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

What a fun party!!!

Megan said...

Looks like a wonderful time! I wish I could have made it! Madeleine is so cute! I love all your stories about her. :)

... said...

You’re kids are so stinkin’ cute!

Ha! I love M’s reply about juice and cake. I believe she’s healed.

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Jenny made your daughter sick!! She is dangerous!!