Sunday, March 07, 2010

Pirate cake and party outfit

What a weekend! I'm a little tired to do a whole post on the party or my beautiful 3 year old right now, but here's a picture of her party outfit....

When we went to Party Tree to get her plates and napkins, she saw the pirate hat and hook that she just HAD to have. She really wanted to wear them to her party, so I designed her party outfit around the hat and the hook :) I made her tutu - totally winged it but it came out great. I ironed on her pirate patch on her shirt, made her legwarmers (I guess you can't see them here but they're black and gray stripes), and she got her shoes from our friend Mary. She didn't feel well when she woke up from her nap, but as soon as she saw herself in the mirror, she was ready to go :)

And here is her Pirate Ship Cake!
I thought it came out pretty good. I brought the kids over to Mom's house this morning and decorated it. It's just two round cakes cut in half. Rolos for cannons, Mom made the sails, and some Playmobil pirates.
Also Pirate cupcakes. These were carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Delicious!
And one more view of the pirate outfit. I'm afraid she's going to want to wear it everywhere now!
We really missed Uncle Mike, Aunt Jenni, Eli and Jude! And both of my kids are sick. But other than that it was a great party. I'll post more later - right now I'm going to lay on the couch :)

12 comments:

Jenny said...

It was so much fun!!! She was so funny taking all those pictures!!

Jenni said...

I cant believe we had to miss her party. I am ready to move back already. :-(

Her outfit is so adorable! I love that she is into pirates, so unique for a little girl:-)
Great job on the cake. You are so creative!!!

JellyBelly said...

Wow! What an amazing cake!!!!

Veronica said...

The cake turned out so great and M looks so cute!! Great planning, Beth!! I'm gonna message you on FB today.

Brenda said...

She is adorable! Who knew a pirate could look so lady like?

Great cake!!!!!

Shannon said...

OH my gosh, Beth, I could totally eat her up! She is so darn cute! And, I can't believe that she is 3... where has the time gone?!

That cake is phenomenal... I've got to "bookmark" that to use someday!

Hope you're great:)

Sew said...

You did such a great job!!! I love it!!! :)

Sew said...

You did such a great job!!! I love it!!! :)

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! Great cake. We are gearing up for Zach's party. Lightning McQueen theme!

Angela said...

Happy birthday to M!! What a cute little pirate! I hope your kids are feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate turning 3! I can't believe they are growing so fast! I hope she is feeling better soon!

... said...

I love this cake!