


We've also been doing "school," and we're using a book called Before Five in a Row. We read a classic book together, and then there are little lessons that have to do with each book. The first book we are doing is Blueberries for Sal. We read it, and then the math lesson was to collect blueberries (or something - we used blocks and pretended they were blueberries.) I put them all over the house, and we "picked" them and put them in a bucket. Then we counted them, and I said, "If you have 5 blueberries and you eat 2, how many do you have?" She did fantastic and now she wants to play with her "blueberries we don't really eat" all the time. The next day we did an art project about the book, and then a history lesson. There's also music and we're making animal flashcards, and practicing classification. I really love this and I love doing it with her! She is learning so much. This week we're going to read Corduroy. It's her birthday week! I can't believe my girl is going to be 3 on Friday!
5 comments:
Oh she is growing up so much! Happy Birthday week sweet girl.
Time flies!
Happy birthday little miss!
:)
I love Corduroy!!! I read it to my grade five class and they thought that it was hilarious that I wanted to read it to them!
BFIAR is a great series! Hope you enjoy it!
Blueberries for Sal is one of my favorite books from childhood! And I'd never heard of BFIAR... I need to check that out. He's not even 6 months old yet, but eventually we'll be doing things like that..
Post a Comment