I could have told you that before, but now I know for sure! Ken left me for an ENTIRE WEEK with these two wild kids to go to Washington DC. If his bosses and co-workers had MET my kids before, I'm sure they would have set Ken up with video conferencing or something instead of making him go :)
I obviously didn't want to say I was all alone on here or facebook while it was happening, but he's back now and I'm so glad!
The hardest time of the day by far was bedtime. John Paul is ready to be put to bed at 7pm. I had to figure out what to do with Madeleine while I was putting him to bed. I either had to put her in front of the TV or in her room with a stack of books and hope she didn't get into trouble. It was a little stressful, but she did great, most of the time.
We went on LONG walks every afternoon since the weather was so beautiful. We went to the zoo twice - I'll post more on that later with pictures. We had a great time, I think we might have to get a zoo pass. We also went to Story hour on Wednesday and Music Class on Thursday. We had breakfast for dinner one night, ate out two nights, and I actually made boxed mac and cheese last night - and the kids went nuts for it!
Mornings were tricky too - I had a very small window of time to get in the shower without worrying about these two.
Even with the hard parts, we really had a good week. I was really nervous about it, but like some other things (flying with them by myself, etc) I got a pretty good confidence boost this week - I actually made it through and we had a good time! Yeah!
9 comments:
Yayyy! And yay for Ken coming home.
:)
I can sooooo relate, and I am just happy that my dh doesn't have a job that requires travel. I always feel for single moms!
Leila if your dh left you and the kid would starve! hahahahaha
Glad he's home!!! The zoo passes are cheap her I think about $100! Definitely I want to get one! I'm so excited!
Wow, I just have one child (technically) and I dont' know if I'd make it a whole week. Your medal is in the mail:)
Sew, you are correct!!!! ha ha!! But my PW cookbook is on the way!!
Oh, the shower comment is so true I had to laugh! Somehow showers are impossible once you become a mom, especially if the kids wake up first and you can't leave them unattended even for a few minutes.
Way to go! Yeah - I'd get that zoo pass and hopefully you will better than we do. As I mentioned to you last week - it is cheaper to buy a years pass than to buy individual tickets fro our family and we always swear we will go back at least ONCE more... Maybe this will be the year we actually do that.
You are a rockstar! Mike was gone for 2 nights and I thought I would go crazy!!
I think we are getting a zoo pass too.
Good job!
I'm glad Ken came home and that you managed so well, even though he was terribly missed!
I've been doing the single mom thing since January and I only have 1 1/2 weeks left...I'm so ready to see my husband again!
Post a Comment