Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Christmas Eve

I should clarify, that when I say I had 3 martinis, they were not "real" martinis. More like fruit juice and a splash of alcohol :) In fact the waitress was totally making fun of me and even brought me a little umbrella for my drink!

So Christmas Eve was our busiest day. In the morning we went to my Mom and Dad's house for Dad's side of the family Christmas. Here's Dad and John Paul.

And here's my stubborn little girl who wouldn't let me take her picture! I love her curls anyway :)
We ate brunch at Mom's house and then took the kids home for a nap, then when they woke up we went to Ken's parents' house for supper. Here's the Bud with Ken's mom, Nanny. Of course the kids were spoiled rotten by Nanny and Pa and their Aunt and Uncle.
Before we left, we changed the kids into their jammies. John Paul fell asleep as soon as we left and slept the entire way home. We drove by our church around 8:15, and decided at the last minute to try to go to 8:30 mass, even though it was WAY past everyone's bedtime. We changed Madeleine back into her dress and she got to pretend to "drive" in the parking spot after we changed her in the car. I think that might have been the highlight of her evening!
John Paul woke up and we just let him go to mass in his jammies. I am not kidding, it was the BEST they've both ever behaved in church. Ever. I think this might have to be a new tradition. It was just beautiful and I actually got to pay attention to the homily!
We performed the song we wrote at the first Christmas Eve party. My cousin took a video on my phone but I can't figure out how to upload it! More on that later :)

8 comments:

Brenda said...

You rebels! I love her curls too. Is 2010 the Year BEth will venture to Memphis? I feel bad we haven't chatted in so long. I have lots to say though! We'll try soon:)

Jen L said...

Jack and Megan were pretty good in mass too this year. Loving your Christmas posts. Tell more my dear.

Jenni said...

I am sad we had to miss Christmas Eve. Eli has gotten to the point where he tells me to put the camera away as soon as I get it out!

Kathryn said...

Her curls are pretty darn cute!
I love her little jacket with the Christmas tree, how precious!
We had luck with Mass this year as well...it was strange, but wonderful...a true Christmas gift!

Joe D. said...

I like her curls!

Joe D. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe D. said...

Email it to yourself then you can save it to your computer and post it.

LifeHopes said...

She is LOVING being behind the wheel!! I am sad we live so far away, especially around the holidays :):) Guess its a good thing you have access to free tix:)