Sunday, November 08, 2009

The Hausers are married!!

And what an amazing weekend it was!

If you can believe it, blogger is not letting me upload photos tonight! Also I can't link to my facebook album. If you want to see pictures email me and I'll send you the facebook album link.

First of all, the weather on November 7th in Indiana was absolutely perfect. 70 and not a cloud in the sky. So beautiful. We started the weekend on Friday with Brunch with all the bridesmaids and my kiddos. Then I ran home and put my kids to bed, my mom and Ava came over, and I met up with them again and we all got our nails done. I went home again to get ready for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.

Side story: While I was getting ready for the rehearsal dinner I brought both kids upstairs to play in John Paul's room while I was getting ready in my bathroom. They were doing great playing for a while. Madeleine gave John Paul toys and read him stories. I checked on them about every 30 seconds, but apparently that was not enough. About 5 minutes before I had to leave, I went in to check on them and smelled something very strong. Madeleine said, "Mommy! I put "chest" all over John Paul. And the cat!" (She calls Baby Vicks vaporub "chest.") Yep. John Paul's head was covered. I quickly cleaned him up and had to let the poor cat fend for herself - I had to get going! (She's fine.)

Anyway, Mom sure was great this weekend, I could NOT have done all this without her! She came over again at 5:00 so I could go to the rehearsal, and ended up staying when Ken got home. They fed both kids and got them in their jammies. I went to the rehearsal, then came to put John Paul to bed and get Ken, and we met them at the rehearsal dinner. We both had prime rib - YUM! We got to sit next to Jenny's dad, who I love. I learned later that John Paul woke up crying and mom was able to rock him back to sleep. Then Madeleine pooped herself awake. Mom was a trooper!

That's it for now, wedding stories coming soon!

4 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Your children are absolutely adorable! I realize you are a very busy Mama, but I was wondering if you don't mind sharing:

1) How did you get your endo and hormones balanced to be able to conceive? What medications did you take? Vitamins?

Hubby and I are still hoping and praying for a miracle or two! Yes, I'm forty three with endometriosis stage four with two lovely surgeries behind me, but I still believe in miracles! I'm praying the 54 day rosary novena right now hoping and praying for the miracle of a child either through my womb or through adoption!

Could you PLEASE pray for me? You and your beautiful family are always in my prayers! I love to visit your blog and see the photos of your family - it gives me such hope and encouragement! Thank you!

Have you ever heard of the 54 day rosary novena? I prayed it several times when I was single for a good Catholic husband and thanks to God, the Blessed Mother, and this rosary novena was blessed with my husband! God is so good! :)

May God Bless you!

Love,
Maria In Mass :)

Kathryn said...

I love weddings, rehearsals and the whole bit. It is so wonderful to watch two people form that union!
I know what you mean about the 30 seconds you are not looking that they find something like "chest", too funny although I'm sure it was frustrating at the time!
Glad you and Ken got some time out and how great that your Mom got to rock JP back to sleep~ precious!

nicole said...

Do you use Flickr? A blog friend taught me how to cut and paste the HTML from Flickr to put photos on my blog w/o dealing with tempermental Blogger uploader. So much easier!

Cathy said...

UPLOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.


Maria,

Praying for your family.
Also, pray a novena to St. Gerard. He works absolute wonders for childlessness.