Friday, July 31, 2009

My first 7 quick takes

I'm not really sure what these things are. Just 7 random things I'm thinking? Ok here goes.

1. We spent the day with my cousin today WAAAAYY out in the country. It was great and relaxing. They have a beautiful old house with lots of character, and Madeleine had to be pried out of their toy room. She spent the entire morning alternately feeding a baby doll and putting it to bed. That is one fat, well-rested baby. We finally went outside after lunch and she spent the rest of her time there hugging, kissing, and putting a hula hoop around their very patient cats.

2. Now that I have seen how much fun she had in the toy room, I want to make one in our house. I'm thinking of getting rid of our huge Anakin Skywalker couches that I LOVE but are really too big for our room. Then we can move the other two couches in the family room and turn the other room into just a toy room. They had a little table and chairs set up that she loved. I could make a tablecloth for it and we could have tea parties. I could also get some stuff to hang up on the walls and maybe a bulletin board for some of her artwork? Hmmm.... I feel some thrift shopping coming on....

3. I'm REALLY excited for my friend Megan to get here with her kids. Her daughter Quinn is a really sweet little girl who Madeleine loves. In fact, even though she hasn't seen her for a few months, every time her daddy asks who she played with that day, she says, "QUINN!!"

4. Madeleine has been REALLY into her letters lately. First we taught her the letter M. That's still her favorite. She points out "Ms" everywhere we go - on trucks, signs, my shirts, etc.... She looks through books and finds all the big Ms and little ms. We were reading Daniel in the Lions Den the other day and she learned the letter D. She could point out all the words that said Daniel, and she also learned G for God. She is constantly asking what words start with and I love it.

5. After we visited my cousin today I drove up to my University, which I haven't been to since I graduated in 2001. What a trip down Memory Lane! I stopped by the Newman Center for just a few minutes and saw Fr. W and another lady who still works there. We chatted for a few minutes and it was great! I wish I could have stayed longer but both kids were asleep.

6. Unfortunately John Paul started screaming his fool head off when were about an hour from home. I pulled over at a gas station and fed him but he was NOT happy about getting back into his carseat. So we listened to screaming baby for about 40 minutes and he calmed down right when we turned into our neighborhood. Screaming baby in the car = STRESS.

7. I could really go for some ice cream right now. Oberveis, Rocky Road. But I'm going to bed.

So how did I do? :)

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

I enjoyed your quick takes! I've never done them either, but keep planning to play along!
Sounds like a great day in the country, don't you just love cousins!!

megan eisenberger said...

We are REALLy excited to see you guys too! I feel ya guys on the screaming boy for 40 mins!

Meredith said...

When Simon was 2 months old, we drove to the Rocky Mountains (a 16-or-so hour drive from us) over the course of two days. On the way home, we drove West to East across Nebraska, and Simon screamed the whole way, at least it felt like that. It was hours and hours. We don't look to go back through that state for quite awhile, though I'm sure many lovely people live there. We also don't plan to drive a long trip with a two-month-old ever again.

Screaming babies in the car are just so stressful! Nothing helped - he just hated his car seat. I feel for you!

Shannon said...

love your first quick takes!!! so fun!