Tuesday, April 14, 2009

39 week appointment

OOH I missed a day of blogging - I hope no one got too excited :)

Yesterday morning I had an appointment with the doctor who told me two weeks ago that it could happen "any day." She checked me and I'm STILL at 3 cm and she "stripped my membranes." Sorry if that is TMI! She said "You'll probably contract tonight." I didn't. That kid is happy where he is. And I'm feeling pretty good so I don't mind waiting a few more days.

After all, this is the last time in my life where I'll have just ONE kid on the outside. I'm going to enjoy every second with her and give her lots of Mama time.

By the way, has anyone ever had their water break at an "inopportune time?" Every time I go out I wonder if it's going to happen! Especially if we are at the library or something....

12 comments:

LifeHopes said...

I hate it when that happens!!:)

bren j. said...

I've thought about that. Yikes!
I guess just start wearing depends now... ;)

Veronica said...

Membrane stripping never did anything for me but hurt! Ouch! Ok out of 8 kids, my water only broke 1 time on its own, and it was at home while sitting down to lunch with my mom. It was quite exciting actually! :) I'll be stalking your blog now since you are getting so close, yeahhhh!

Jenni said...

It would be great if he could wait a few more days so that Eli can over his virus so we can come visit!! :-)

My water broke at 5:00 AM so I was at home and when it broke it was just a little at first so it wouldn't have been noticable if we were out in public.

Brenda said...

Mine broke in the shower and was a trickle. So if it does, maybe it won't be bad. I'd keep a pantyliner or maxi pad in my undies if you are worried. It didn't start to gush until the big contractions got going!

JellyBelly said...

maybe you can carry around a towel just in case... really, i'm just joking!

;)

Shannon said...

i was wondering!
ooooo i hope it's soon!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Dr Toth says it's a VERY good sign when babies are born within 3-5 days of their due date... it means a nice, healthy baby (and mommy)!!

And nope, never had my water break at an inopportune time :P

Ouiz said...

I had all of mine c-sections, so I don't have any "horror stories" to share... although that particular one WAS one of my big worries when I was pregnant with my first! *grin*

Sew said...

OMG! My water breaks all the time!

Kathryn said...

So true to a Jonah story. The Dr.'s told me I was in false labor because my contractions were too hard, and no dialation. They wanted me to go home and sleep, then see if labor started up for "real". As they came in with the injection (to make me sleep) my water broke and I mean BROKE, water every where. It was awesome because I was so very vindicated that THIS WAS FOR REAL!!! Jonah was born just a few hours later!

LauraSuz said...

3 cm...thats great! thats what i was walking around as for the last weeks...I'm betting you'll go fast too!