Tuesday, April 07, 2009

2 year appointment

Madeleine had her 2 year old well child visit today with our pediatrician. We just love him! I thought she'd have to get her MMR and chickenpox shots today since she hasn't had them yet. However he wants her to go get tested for food allergies first just in case she tests positive for an egg allergy. She does eat eggs all the time but he said that it's different than getting it injected. So we got an appointment for May 8 and I already made sure Mom could come with us :) Then he said she can get the shots when her brother comes for his 2 month appointment. He also said her loud breathing could have something to do with food allergies and she'd grow out of it.

She said her ABC's for him, and he listened carefully and said NO 2 year old does it that well! He said listened to her talk some more and said "this kind of smart gets their college paid for." haha! We can only hope!

He said not to worry about potty training at all right now for at least 6 months. That's pretty much what I was thinking anyway since she has pretty much completely regressed in the past few weeks. Also he said to read books about her baby brother and "talk him up" which we've been doing. And then when he gets here, to keep her routine completely boring and the same - eat at the same times, do the same things, have the same bedtime and bedtime routine, etc. I thought that was pretty good advice.

She was also almost 24 pounds and 34 inches tall. So about 10th percentile for weight and 50th to 75th for height. He said she was tall and skinny and that is good!

In other news, I've been inspired by my blog friend Sew, got to move my sewing machine downstairs and have been sewing during naps! She made little Six some great things - burpcloths, onesies, cute shorts and even a dress for Madeleine! She is very talented and thoughtful!! I am having a great time and making lots of cute things. Of course I probably only have a week or two of sewing left before I have to take a break :) I'll try to take some pictures of some stuff I've made tomorrow when the light is better!

Also, I had some contractions tonight but they didn't turn into anything!

8 comments:

Meredith said...

Our allergist in Canada told us that the MMR vax was fine with an egg allergy, and Isaac got that at age 2, with no ill effects. The flu shot, however, is a no for him. I'd be interested to see what your allergist says. How nice that your doc is reluctant to shoot until certain. Mine is getting like that, too, knowing that I am leary of vaccines.

Brenda said...

You are just a big tease! Watch Baby boy end up a 42 weeker like Maggie:) But for your sake, I hope not.

I think Doc gave great advice on the PT and helping M adjust to little bro. He sounds on the ball with the allergy info too. Thank goodness someone's doctor somewhere in America, is paying attention to patients!

LifeHopes said...

I had dreams from around 5 am to 6 pm that you were in labor. I checked my phone, saw nothing, and said some prayers just in case.


ARE YOU???

Cathy said...

Sounds like you have a great doc.
(He sounds like he really cares, but he also sounds like he has a nice bedside manner - a rare combination!)

:)

JellyBelly said...

hi beth,

thank you for your commment on my blog! i started to cry (tears of joy, not tears of sadness and frustration, there were lots of those yesterday too!) when i read what you wrote. would you mind sending me your e-mail so i can ask you a few questions about your endo? i'm feeling pretty hopeless right now.

thanks,
jellybelly

JellyBelly said...

btw, my e-mail is

jellybelly_75@Yahoo.com

Schlee said...

She's a smartie. Merrin loves to sing the ABCs too. She was a giant at 2 though. 31 lbs and 36.5 inches :)

FloridaWife said...

What a petite girl you have. All in all sounds like a good appointment.