The rest of the day went relatively smoothly. Today however, was fantastic! Madeleine had an appointment at the eye doctor at 8:20. This is a pediatric opthamologist who is fantastic with her. She has a little issue so we're doing some treatment and have to go back about every 2 or 3 months. She did SO great - sat up in the chair, answered all the doctor's questions, read all the pictures up on the chart, and even let the doctor cover her right and left eyes. She also got to wear the 3D glasses so she could check her depth perception. She did great. The doc said she could see remarkable improvement after just 2 months of treatment. Her vision was about 20/30 before and now it's back up to 20/20. Also her depth perception was above average and her muscle control in her eye is improving. So we have to continue the treatment and go back in June. She thoroughly enjoyed sitting in the big chair!
Then, we hurried over to the Mothers for Children group at church, where my friend (with the 12 kids from a few posts back who told me about the calm time out approach) was speaking on Disciplining with Christ's love. I have never left Madeleine in the nursery before but I did NOT want to miss this talk. Well, I was worrying for nothing! She went right in and started playing with all the toys. I told her that if she wanted to come sit with me anytime she could just ask one of the adults to come get me. That was not necessary! At one point I went to the bathroom and peeked in at her and she was just playing and talking to the other kids! YAY!!! I was so happy. So I got to hear this fantastic talk, and I'm sure I'll post more about that later - I took a lot of notes.Then I got invited to knit with a group of moms on Friday morning in the nursery so the kids could play. I would love that and I'm looking forward to it. We went home, had a quick lunch, picked Ava up from school, and everyone took a great nap. When we got to their house, it was such a beautiful day that we spent the afternoon playing outside. A friend of mine who is their neighbor came over and talked for a while too. G was extremely helpful and played with Madeleine so well. I just loved seeing her having so much fun outside. I am so looking forward to spring and summer. She loves playing outside.
So thanks everyone for all your prayers - and keep them up - they are working! And Happy St. Patricks day!!
4 comments:
I love the discipling with Christ's love!
My Aunt and I were talking about how parents are God's "spokesperson" That isn't the right word and I can't get out what I am trying to say....But parents are a reflection of how children preceive God. Does that makes sense?
Whatever, it's late and I just got back from the fabric store! ;)
Glad you are having a good week!
I need to go spend time with DH and stop breaking my lenten fast!!!
Sounds great, and you will love knitting with friends. I joined a group a few weeks ago and am loving it!
Do you have Debbie Bliss's Family Knits?
We regularly go to the pediatric opthamologist, I think those Dr.'s are just awesome. Isaac is blind in one eye because of a deformed macular. We are starting to wonder if Benjamin has the same problem. I'm happy to hear M.'s is resolving itself!
I already made you one. Just have to put on the buttons! ;)
So I was reading all your stories and came to the picture and got completely distracted - are those SHORTS she's wearing?
SHORTS?! In March??
Post a Comment