I'm glad it's over! Our appointment was at 10:15 and I had to take Madeleine, and we didn't get called back until almost 11. She was not thrilled about sitting in her stroller the whole time. I'm so glad I brought her bag which was packed with things to do!
Anyway, I have gained 8 lbs (the whole pregnancy, not the last two weeks!) It's pretty much exactly what happened with Madeleine. I only gained 15 lbs total with her and then lost 30 within 2 weeks after she was born. Here's hoping the same thing happens this time! I guess the 8 weeks of puking every day really paid off!
His heartbeat was great - in the 150s. He is head down and LOW! She was surprised at how low he is. She said he might come a little early but not to get too excited. Plus she said the active phase of labor is shorter the second time around. I only pushed 20 minutes with Madeleine so she said he should be super quick once I get to that point!
I told Madeleine that the doctor would be looking at Mommy's tummy and checking out her baby brother. So when the doctor came in she lifted up her shirt and said, "Can you check my tummy too please? There's a baby brother in there!" The doctor about died laughing :)
9 comments:
wow! you must be a skinny minnie!
glad the appt went well. it'll be so nice to have a little newborn in the house...sooner than later!!!
blessings this 2nd day of lent!
I am so sorry I should have offered to keep her for you. I didn't even think about it. Where was my brain?
You realize I can gain 8 pounds blinking my eye lids! R u rubbing that in my face???? :) How do you do it???
Since my endo was removed I haven't packed on the pounds as quickly as I used to. Does that make sense? I am actually able to eat junk and not have it affect my weight drastically. ?? I don't get it!
Um, not so skinny! I guess puking for 8 weeks and losing 13 lbs has it's advantages!! Didn't seem like it at the time... but now it's not so bad!
Jenni - thanks anyway! I didn't think it'd be a problem because I usually get in and out. But it worked out great - we had lunch in the cafeteria then it was time for nap! Thanks for having us over today!! Although... it might have been worth it to have you change a cloth diaper :)
Oops! That was me!
How CUTE she is, wanting her tummy looked at too!
And awesome for a great appointment, down low, nice hearbeat, and weight gain.
Yeah, you are getting so close!!
With M coming that easily/fast, Mr. Pack will probably come earlier and faster! Getting so excited for you!
Wow! What a great way to lose weight! And gain a child in the process! *grin*
I've had to do the "ob appt with all kids in tow" thing before. Not a lot of fun... especially when there was a... ahem... exam involved. They were under strict orders to stay BEHIND the curtain and not look out! *grin*
I'm on pins and needles waiting to see what name you finally picked for your little guy!!
Post a Comment