Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Breech Baby
I don't think I mentioned that at my 26 week appointment (the one with the great ultrasound), they told me that he is breech. I asked my doctor about it and she said he still has plenty of time to turn. I really think he is in the process of turning because I used to feel him kicking straight down and now it's more on the side. Also sometimes it feels like he's really moving around in there, like his head or butt or something is sticking out and moving. It's not the most comfortable feeling. Has anyone had any experience with this? I want to do everything I can to get him to turn if he doesn't do it on his own. At what point are they supposed to be in position?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I have had 2 breech babies and one transverse. The first breech baby turned down by himself, then flipped back, My chiropractor got him to turn, I will email you how. The transverse baby was delivered by c-section.
Last baby Cecilia, was more transverse than breech actually. Midwife gave me an exercise to do and the little imp turned head down in a few days but frequently tried to go back transverses - right up to the day before I went into labour!
For her we used the pelvic tilts each night before bed. You can google this exercise with breech baby and get good descriptions. Prayers please as baby and I are STILL sick. :-( Eldest daughter arriving from Ireland in four days and the house is not in great shape. I am slowly gaining some order but emphasis is on slowly. I know she is not coming to seethe house but still one wants order - not chaos reigning with or without company!
But worse is watching a little baby suffer.
Good Luck with Mr Breech!! :-)
Blessings
Christi
Oh my gosh that happens with each of my pregnancies! :) hahaha
Wow! That can't be comfy! Spank him and see what happens! LMAO!
Probably why I am infertile! :)
LOL!!!!
DG and RA were both breech early and DG was butt breach so his bottom came first. That was terrible he ripped me pretty good. They thought they would have to manually turn RA, thank God she did that on her own. Why do I want to get pregnant again ;) just kidding.
Looking good, Beth!!! Turn, baby, Turn!
Do not worry! I wouldn't worry until labor, all my babies have flipped around right up until labor began and then they settled down very well, head down. If you go into labor and he is still breach, well...that would be a decision between you Ken and the Dr.'s! I'll say some prayers though!
my midwife advised me to kneel (on pillows or rest hands/elbows on birth ball (exercise ball) or couch) for a time each day - you can also kneel and sway hips back and forth - this helps quite a bit; this technique can be done to stall labor if it is moving too quickly as well
I'm no expert, but I think you've got a little time. A girl I knew went in the week before she was due so the doctor could try to manipulate the baby into the right position - and it worked!
I think a midwife would tell you there are some exercises or something you can do....hopefully it'll all work out just the way it's supposed to! :)
Post a Comment