Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Madeleine's first haircut!

I've been thinking she needs a haircut for a while now - she was getting a little shaggy. But I was so scared they'd cut off all her curls, so I've been putting it off. Today I woke up and realized that it is DECEMBER 10th already, and I needed to get her Christmas pictures taken! So her bangs were hanging in her eyes and I decided to give them a little trim. SO not a good idea! I really messed them up, so I drove her straight to the nearest kid haircut place and decided to take the plunge before her 3:30 haircut appointment. They did a GREAT job! We talked about what would happen on the way over there so she wouldn't be scared. She got to pick out a DVD to watch (Elmo, of course) and sit in a little yellow car. She did fantastic.

Watching Elmo.

Still watching Elmo.

They had a great slide there so after she was done she went down it about 100 times.

YAY!! Even curlier than before!!



After her nap we went to get her pictures taken. I figured we would get a few good shots but she did SO good and they were so cute. So I ended up ordering a bunch. Ken said this last picture gives him an idea of what she'll look like when she's older, and she is going to be so beautiful. I already think she's the most beautiful girl in the whole world :)


11 comments:

LifeHopes said...

OH my goodness gracious.
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL!

I LOVE the hair and dress and shoes!

Oh I just wish I could hug and kiss her!

Jenni said...

I want copies!!!!

mum2twelve said...

She looks ready for the prom - where's her date? :-) Did Ken scare him off?

Blessings
Christi

Sew said...

Look at that dress!!! Oh my gosh its perfect! She is beautiful!!

Kathryn said...

What a beautiful little girl Madeleine is! I love the whole Christmas outfite, Can I get a pic for my fridge???

Jenni said...

I can't wait to see the pictures!!!!

Veronica said...

She is SO pretty! The other day I saw a little girl in church (a different one than we usually go to) that looked so much like Madeleine I couldn't believe it. She was about 6 years old. I wanted to take a pic of her for you, lol!

Brenda said...

Love her hair but love her dress more! Where did you find??? I didn't see much I loved in the stores for Maggie that didn't SCREAM Christmas or gaudy.

nicole said...

She is beautiful! I'm glad the haircut went well too.

FloridaWife said...

How cool that one can have a haircut while watching Elmo and sitting in a little car!

bren j. said...

That last picture is so cute!

Who knew haircutting places like that even existed! So fancy!