Saturday, December 27, 2008

It was a hit!

I'm sure this will be the first of many Christmas posts! Ken and my dad did such a great job putting this train table together. They had to take the whole thing apart, find a way to put the bridges on (the blue ones) and put it all back together better than it was. So when we came down on Christmas morning, it was not in the room with the tree. She opened two presents (a tea set and a set of bristle blocks), both of which she loved and played with each for about 1/2 hour. Then she had to go to the bathroom. We have to walk through the living room which is now the train room to get to the bathroom. So I covered her eyes on the way in, and then when she came out, this is what she saw.


Ken had the camera ready and captured her expression. She ran straight over to the trains and couldn't believe they were in her house!!!

After that, we didn't open any more presents. She played with the trains forever - she LOVES them! I'm so glad I bought this even though it pretty much takes up the whole living room.




And I'm really glad I bought the bridges - she loves to play with them.

I think she keeps forgetting that they are in her house, because every morning she comes down and says "Ooh trains!" and runs straight for them. I think she'll get many hours of entertainment from this gift!


So, we still have several unopened presents under the tree. We're stretching it out so she'll get a gift every day for the next few days. She enjoys them more that way anyway.
Hope everyone had a merry Christmas! I'll be back to post more about the past few days. I will say I have been looking at baby boy names a LOT :)

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh good job guys! It looks more fun than the ones in B and N! Hope she enjoys if for months and months to come!

mum2twelve said...

Awesome job Ken and Gramps did! Great idea stringing the gifts out... not sure I could handle that though - times 12 kids. :-)

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Christi

Sew said...

That is great! And baby Egbert can play with the train set too! But you might need to add a landing strip as well! ;)

Shannon said...

looks like so much fun! And what a great idea to spread out the gifts over a few days!

Thinking of you!

bren j. said...

Handy, that train table....particularly with a little boy on the way...

Jenni said...

That is an awesome train table!!! I didn't realize it was so big.

Aubrey said...

Awesome! The bonus is that this is a toy which all your kids will enjoy, boy or girl! :)

FloridaWife said...

Wow! What a setup! This is majorly cool!