Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Guess what Six is getting for Christmas??

Boy stuff! I got this whole bedding set (well, ALMOST all you see here) for really cheap on ebay. It's new too and it was WELL under $100, even with shipping. It came with everything we need, bumper, sheet, skirt, quilt, etc.. - even 2 valances which is great since his room has two windows. And Ken loves it since he's in the airline industry. I love the colors and the vintage planes. I think I'm definitely going to order the changing pad cover and maybe those pictures. This is what we got Madeleine for her "first" Christmas before she was born - well her quilt so we could match the paint color and Ken and my dad painted her room over Christmas break. I'm not sure what we'll do about painting his room. We might leave it white. We're doing cheap with this baby :) But don't you just LOVE it??

Also, I'm still deciding what to do about the whole diapering issue. I bought some of these All in One's just to try since they were on a huge sale. But I got the small which is supposed to fit from 11 to 18 lbs, which for Madeleine was about 6 weeks to 15 months! So if they work we'll definitely get our money's worth. I also asked for some fitted diapers for Christmas so if mom gets me those, I'll just have to buy some prefolds and covers to round out my stash. When he gets to about 6 or 7 months old we should be set with Madeleine's stash. I am debating whether to buy prefolds and covers for the first few months.... I probably should since I hate buying disposables, especially in the expensive newborn stage. It's like $10 for 30 diapers, which lasts about 3 days. By the time I buy all that, I might as well just buy cloth. Right, Ken? :)
These diapers are so soft it's unbelieveable. I want some of these in adult size when I get to the senile nursing home stage :)
Oh, I also bought him some of these at the same store that was having the 40-50% off everything sale. I couldn't resist, and they will be perfect for the summer! Ok, I'm done buying for him for a while now!! Well... maybe. We wouldn't want him to go NAKED or worse... wear PINK would we Ken? :)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. my. gosh.

It's all so CUTE!

MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!

-Cathy

Jenni said...

That is a sweet nursery set. PG would love it. His mantra now is "Me ride plane." I hope the other passengers can stand him tomorrow.

Sew said...

SO CUTE!!!! I love airplanes! I used to be a flight attendant! I even used to hang airplanes from the ceiling! I also have an airplane quilt! I love it so much!!!

SO SO SO SO CUTE!

Sew said...

I worked for US Air...I was on the runway on 9/11. Could see the towers burning (far away) from the cockpit. Talk about surreal. I only worked for them for a year before I was laid off. It was my dream job, then once I started to do the work, it was a glorified sweat shop! But it was fun!!

Veronica said...

Soooo cute Beth. The diapers look great too.. I had some covers from Imse Vimse and they were such good quality!

LauraSuz said...

Great idea with ebay. I haven't been understanding why bedding is so expensive for babies.

Jen L said...

Great ideas! We so need a dresser for our room. I need to start hanging with you more so I can find all these places for great deals.

Teresa & Connie said...

Oooh love your blog. So, so cute. I have a question about the chick peas. I wanted to make those chocolate chip cookies too. They are not related to peanut butter in any way right? My daughter is deathly allergic to peanuts. I need to know if you know ;)

Beth said...

I am getting to be quite the bargain hunter in my old age... :)

Craigslist, freecycle, and ebay are my friends!

Kathryn said...

If I was a baby boy, I'd want a room JUST LIKE THAT! It looks awesome Beth, and what a great deal!!!
Sorry, I can't get excited about the cloth diapers..although I am cheering you on. I've been there and done that...after 3 in cloth (at the same time) I'm over it forever!

Jenni said...

Beth I love this bedding. I can't wait to see little Six's room all done!!!! Buying for little boys is so much fun!!!

Aubrey said...

That's adorable! :) Have fun!

Becky said...

Love that set!

Erin said...

love that bedding set...I would love to pick your brain on cloth diapers....i tried prefolds and covers with my second (now 1 yr) to no avail....they never seemed to fit, couldn't get them to hold on well and seemed to get wet very easily...anyways...if you don't mind emailing me that would be great!!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

That is so adorable! Ohhhhhhh!!!!

Ouiz said...

Oh my gosh. Too cute! And just think... in a few years, those planes will share good company with legos, trains, bulldozers, cars, bionicles, etc etc etc.

Little boys are soooooo much fun. You will love every second of it!

You are a brave, brave woman doing cloth diapers. That's all I've got to say.

nicole said...

I love the bedding. Maybe you could just paint one wall, to give it a splash of color without spending too much money.

And aren't friends great? I'm so glad to see you guys get so many blessings. The Body of Christ is amazing.

FloridaWife said...

VERY nice bedding set!!!!!!! And those diapers look comfy!!! Post back when the time comes and let us know how they worked out.