Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I have one holy kid.

Today I went to the Mother's for Children group at church. Fr. W, who prayed over me to conceive and then blessed her for the first time, shared his pictures and stories from his pilgrimage to the Holy Land last month. He had some amazing stories and pictures! I never really had a huge desire to go until now. But I'll wait until my kids are older and hopefully bring them.

Anyway, they had mass in all the important places, and even had a Eucharistic procession in the Garden of Gethsemane. Fr. W had a small crucifix that he brought with him and touched to everything - the tomb of Jesus, the birthplace of Jesus, John the Baptist, and the site of the Annunciation, the rock in the Garden where Jesus prayed before his crucifixion, the tomb of Lazarus where Jesus would have touched the rocks, everything! After his talk he had everyone come up and he blessed them with the cross. When he blessed me, he also blessed little "Six." Wow! It was beautiful. I'm so blessed to live in this place and have such great holy people in our lives.

4 comments:

mum2twelve said...

A few weeks ago - our little one got her first blessings as I went up to receive Holy Communion. It does not seem that every priest thinks to bless the unborn baby - a pity more don't take the fleeting second to do so during communion. And in my case - the priest has typically had to bless two and sometimes three of my children before even getting to my ever expanding tummy!

You are indeed living in a wonderful parish!

Blessings
Christi

Brenda said...

That is so neat. We love our parish priest but wish we were closer to him. Our parish is too large to do that I think:) I wish we had a larger Catholic community here!

Jenni said...

How wonderful, Father W. is so awesome and I think God has big plans for little Six!

Jen L said...

I agree. I think God must have wonderful plans for Six.