Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We have AWESOME friends!

I got all these bags of girl clothes in one day, from two different friends! After sorting it all out during naptime, I have two bags for "Six" (that would be the new baby's nickname), one huge pile of stuff that will fit Madeleine now, and a huge bag that will fit Madeleine later. Also I cleaned out Madeleine's closet and now have a bag to give away. So I actually put the first things in the new baby's room today. By the way, we chose the nickname "Six" or "Sixtus" after the 4th pope before we conceived this baby. It's funny if you know our last name. Remember Madeleine's nickname before she was born was "Snack." Somehow Six seems more appropriate for a boy, but oh well! It's Six until she's born and gets a real name!

Speaking of great friends, we also got a DVD PLAYER in the mail from our good friends, after I mentioned in a post that ours broke. How awesome is that?! And last week my friend gave us a jogging stroller, a little potty seat, and a halloween costume for next year. And they have given us two other strollers, two carseats, the high chair, and lots of toys and books! And people say babies are expensive :)

7 comments:

Shannon said...

what wonderful friends!
p.s. I'm just so thrilled for your budding family!!

Anne said...

Sweet! Nothing like free loot for the kids! Enjoy. I love sifting through a big bag of new-to-us clothing!

Kathryn said...

Yes, friends are awesome!!!

Becky said...

Wow, we all need friends like this. You must be a really great person to find people who really love you like that, congratulations!

LauraSuz said...

Everything sounds so nice! Have fun looking through it all.

Ouiz said...

Friends are fantastic, and GOD PROVIDES!

Love the "six" nickname!

bren j. said...

Well they're obviously not expensive with friends like THAT.

LOVE the nickname...in light of your last name. HAH!