Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Ultrasound results

Everything looked good! They said they could see where the hemorrage was, but it looked much better and would take some time to heal completely. She said I could resume all normal activities. I got some GREAT pictures but I waited too long in the day to try to take a picture with my camera, so I'll try again tomorrow. It's really AMAZING how much this baby has changed in just two weeks! Now we could see a face, arms, legs, hands, fingers, feet, toes. The baby was moving all around too - they said it's an active one, and about 2 1/2 inches long.

So, my mom and Madeleine came with us, and the regular ultrasound technician was there, and also a new one they had just hired who was learning how to use the machine. She was an experienced technician, just new to the office and the machine. So after they had been looking at the baby for a while, I just jokingly said, "So, does it look like a boy or a girl?" I mean, I thought for sure they couldn't tell at 11 weeks! The first technician said, "If I had to choose, and don't hold me to this, I'd say it was a girl." Right then she decided to spread her legs wide, and they got a good view. The other technician said, "Oh I'd bet money on that baby's sex." WOW! I'm not going to get my hopes up TOO much yet, but I have to say it definitely looked like Madeleine's "girl" ultrasound! We'll have to check for sure at the next one in about 6 weeks or so.

But.... I'd LOVE to have another girl! I never had a sister and always wanted one. I'd love for Madeleine to have a sister close in age. Plus, we'd certainly be all set on clothes. AND, I'd still have some slight hope that a boy pregnancy would be easier than a girl pregnancy! Can you tell I'm just THRILLED?????

12 comments:

andnotbysight said...

Oh, thank God! I'm so happy everything's looking good!

Jenni said...

Yay, Beth that is so awesome and so amazing! I am glad everything looks good. :) I can't wait to meet her!!

Brenda said...

Wow, that is early to tell but they must be pros. I'd take their bet, and their money!

LifeHopes said...

Woo hoo! This is fantastic news!!! Two little Pack girls! I can't imagine anything more fun or cuter!

Angela said...

That is great news, Beth!!

And another girl, oh how exciting!!
Of course, if it does turn out to be a boy, how exciting too!

andnotbysight said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog--and the prayers! In answer to your question, I LOVE the name Charlotte--it's only my blogging name, though. My real name is way too unusual if I want to remain anonymous (which I do mostly because of my job), but I wanted to call myself something. For some reason I can't fathom, my husband's not crazy about Charlotte, so I decided to use it for myself since I won't be able to give a baby that name!

Kathryn said...

I'm smiling huge with joy for you! When I bled with Jonah and I got the all clear I still spotted a little bit, so don't let that frighten you. I would just say a few frantic prayers for peace for me, and safety for Jonah. He is a thriving 14 year old teenager now!

Anne said...

Oh I'm so glad everything is looking good!

Veronica said...

Yeah!! Glad all is well. I had an OB with #'s 3,4, &5 that was able to tell by the skeletal frame at only 8 weeks if baby was a boy or girl... silly as it may sound, but he was right every time!

LauraSuz said...

I'm glad everything is looking healthy! And congrats on the fun news!!

nicole said...

Praise God that everything looks good. Now just b/c you have the all clear, don't overdo it. ;) I'm sure your mom told you that too. We'll pray that things continue to go well. And sisters are great.

Ouiz said...

Yeah! Praise God for the great news!! Congratulations!

[for what it's worth, boy pregnancies ARE easier for me by far... *grin*]