Saturday, September 06, 2008
Speaking of my little tough girl....
Today she was stung by a bee! I was upstairs, and my mom was walking her dog and stopped over. She picked up Madeleine and a bee was buzzing around. Then Madeleine started saying "Shirt off." and pulling at her shirt. Then she picked up the bee and handed it to my mom, who handed it to Ken. Ken brought her upstairs and she was touching her neck. I looked and saw the stinger so I pulled it out. She did not cry ONE BIT. We brought her downstairs and kept a close eye on her. Ken put some baking soda paste on it. I gave her some tylenol. She kept saying, very matter-of-factly, "Neck hurts. Mama kiss it." or "Daddy kiss it." or "Monkey kiss it." Then Mickey Mouse and Blue had to kiss it too. It didn't swell at all, and she was acting perfectly normal. In fact she was dancing around, reading books, and jumping on pillows. I can't BELIEVE how tough she is! I think I would have cried if I got stung on the neck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh wow, I would have cried too! I'm glad she's okay.
Most definately I would have. Not sure if ,you know this or not but they say that the second sting will tell you if she is alergic to them or not, so just fyi. (just happened to another friends son).
She IS tough! I can hardly stand getting bit by a mosquito. I've never heard of baking soda paste for stings..I'm gonna have to remember that one when Mara is stung.
She is sure tough! Good thinking with the baking soda, I'm sure that helped it right away.
Poor Madeleine!!!
I'm totally impressed with your little dynamo!! What a sweetie, and so brave!!
Poor tough little girl!
sheesh, it seems like all the kids I know are getting stung by bees this summer. Or wasps or other awfuls. I'm glad she's doing so well! Tough girl, indeed!
Post a Comment