Thursday, September 18, 2008

My days on partial bedrest

So, I've been hanging out on the couch, reading books, watching Sesame Street, eating cookies. After two days I was so bored so we went to my mom's house this morning, and then went to the playground where Madeleine played and I sat on the bench and watched. We also fed the ducks and fish. Then when we got home she played outside for about another 45 minutes, in attempt to get her to nap longer. Seriously, that kid and her naps!!! Today she went down at 1:34 and was up by 2:17. THAT IS NOT EVEN AN HOUR!! What is up with her? She slept about an hour yesterday too. Come on, kid! I need a two hour nap!

So I am supposed to take it easy for two weeks and then I have to go back for another ultrasound on Oct. 1. I'm really hoping to get the all clear to resume normal activities. I'm really sad that it's been SO nice outside and I can't even take Madeleine for a walk. We've been sitting outside but it's not the same.

I have gotten to see this tiny, squirmy little baby twice now, and I especially like seeing the little heartbeat. That is always such a treat. Whenever I see the pictures, I'm reminded that all of this is worth it. We'll get a new little soul to love in April. Madeleine will have a brother or sister. We'll have a little family of four. I get to do all the fun newborn things again.

Thank you all so much for your prayers, and sharing your stories. They really helped me feel better. I do have to say, I have a new respect for mothers of large families. I always thought that I could handle a lot of kids - and I still do, with God's help, of course. However, it is HARD to be pregnant and sick and on partial bedrest with an active toddler and a house to take care of. It's a lot harder than I thought. I'm worried about not doing enough with Madeleine. Then I'm worried about doing too much physical activity. Then I'm throwing up in the sink randomly (sorry, TMI, I know.) I'm looking forward to the second trimester!

9 comments:

Angela said...

I'm SO glad everything is okay with the baby, you continue to be in my prayers!

I wonder the same thing about how it will be to be pregnant and take care of other kid(s). My doc tells me when I get pregnant again, I'll be on complete bedrest (either hospital or at home) starting at 20 weeks, and continue through the entire pregnancy, in order to try and prevent everything that happened in my last pregnancy. I just keep thinking, what in the world will I do with Isabella?!

Ouiz said...

I have been praying for you!!

Rely heavily on husband, family and friends to get you through all this!

(and if it makes you feel any better, I have "fond" memories of trying to keep my sweet little 7 month old from playing in the toilet water as I was busy... um... throwing up in it. Ah, the joys of pregnancy with a little one beside you! *grin*)

andnotbysight said...

I'm so glad that you and the baby are doing all right, and I'll keep praying!

Kathryn said...

I'm so glad for the update, you've been in my prayers and heavily on my mind!
Ahhh the joys of baby beside you as you gag, and baby inside you making you gag and as unhappy as you are to gag, you'd be worried if you weren't gagging at all...did that make ANY sense?
I will continue to pray for you and don't worry about all the logistics, it just always works out. I second what Ouiz says and rely heavily on husband and family. Your working on something very important *smile*!
Speaking of babies and toilets, Benjamin is exploring ours right now...gotta run~

LauraSuz said...

Beth, you have all my sympathy. I'm just starting to come out of that nasty 1st trimester stage and I almost forgot what its like to feel normal again.

With a due date in April, it's right around the corner...hang in there!

nicole said...

Don't stress yourself out. Growing the baby inside is the top priority right now. Madeline will be fine--she's still little, and this is kind of preparation for her too. Your very presence is all she truly needs anyway. We pray for the mommies with the babies in their tummies every night, and your name will be on the list in my head (we know too many pregnant women to list them all).

Heather said...

Hang in there. . . . definately will continue to pray for you - Ken and both your babies! :)

FloridaWife said...

What! You're pregnant?!? I have to go find the post!

Fat Girl said...

First, congratulations on the new little one! I'm very excited for you that you were able to conceive on an unmedicated cycle! Yay! I will say some prayers for a healthy pregnancy with no more complications. I'm sorry you had to start with such a scary episode, but hopefully everything is fine now.

Thanks for checking in on me. =)