Monday, July 14, 2008

TMI warning

OK, remember how you all encouraged me to "encourage" my 16 month old on the potty? "Go for it" you said. Well, here's what happened today.

We went to the grocery store and when we got home, I put my groceries on the floor in the kitchen and then Madeleine said "Poo poo Mama!" So I sat her on the potty and read her a book, and nothing happened. So I let her run around without a diaper for just a FEW minutes while I put the groceries away. Then I gated her in the family room with me - with the potty and just a shirt on. A few minutes later a friend called me and I answered the phone - still in the same room with little naked girl. All of a sudden, she comes over and HANDS me a little piece of POOP. I hang up the phone immediately and survey the scene. She has poop on her shoe and a little on her dress, but I couldn't find the rest of it. So I sat her on the potty and stripped her down. Nothing happened so I cleaned her up, put a diaper on her and went on a poop hunt. Yes this is what my life is like these days. Remember it was on her shoe, so all I had to do was follow the POOP footprints. Yes you read that right. Little footprints from the family room, through the dining room, through the kitchen, through the living room, where I found the offending pile, next to the garage door, IN MY SHOE.

There will be no more "naked time" for a while.

16 comments:

Ouiz said...

No, no, no, I was NOT one who encouraged you to potty train her! I was of the "wait-until-they-are-at-least-three" camp!!

*grin*

Oh Beth... I'm so sorry. I'm laughing, but I really am sorry... oh dear...

Aubrey said...

Oh no!! I thought the mess I cleaned up in the bathtub after my one-year-old today was bad...that's another poo story. Oh, man. Hope the rest of your day was better! ;)

MM said...

That is hilarious! I mean... not now, maybe not today... but soon, very soon. ;)

I've had to soak kid fingers in lemon juice to be rid of the poop smell in fingernails. I can identify!

5Inglins.CA said...

OH BETH! I am so sorry but I am cracking up!!! Poor shoe, poor Mama, but I promise in a few YEARS you will be laughing too!
HUGS!

Beck said...

IN YOUR SHOE! HEE HEE.
I mean, that's too bad.

nicole said...

It probably was not funny to you, but I am laughing. Don't give up on the training. Although I agree, less naked time for a while.

Angela said...

Oh no! But that is so funny!

Heather said...

ok - this is funny.

Brenda said...

Yikes. I feel your frustration but hopefully it will be funny later:) Good story to embarass her wtih in front of her fiancee.

Beth said...

Don't worry girls, I was giggling uncontrolably when I wrote this. I can definitely see the humor and it was a good thing to offer up for a special intention :)

She did go potty 3 times today!!

Veronica said...

Hah, well you are definitely broken in motherhood now!! She still sounds like she is doing well though, and the fact that you can laugh about it is great. :)

Anonymous said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I died.

-Cathy

bren j. said...

hahhahahahah. Okay. It was funny - and I'm glad you thought so too.

Sorry about the poop-prints. *shudder* We hardly have any carpet in our house so I guess that's something I sure never thought of. Oi!

andnotbysight said...

Oh my goodness! In your SHOE?? I'm glad you were laughing, because otherwise I would have felt bad for laughing myself!

Joe D. said...

Every parent needs a good poop story..

FloridaWife said...

I'll have to remember this for when Raffy is older. Although, my husband's mother shared the wonderful story of how she put him (my husband) in his playpen and he proceeded to take the poop out of his diaper and fingerpaint with it.