Monday, July 28, 2008

Frassati Conference 2008



This past weekend was the Frassati Conference. We had a great time! I decided to bring Madeleine for the day on Saturday and then leave her with my mom on Sunday. I was a little nervous about bringing her, but she did GREAT! I did have lots of help though. Two very good friends of mine came - one of them was a speaker at the conference and one of the best! Madeleine just loves them. She also loves my friend Jenny. She gets so excited when she sees her! Of course she always lets Madeleine wear her jewelry - that could be part of it. Jenny was in charge of the whole conference but still found time to spend with Madeleine :) Jenny especially loves showing off her "Catholic tricks" which I'm trying to get on video! She loved Father Dan too.


If you ever have a chance to hear Deacon John Lozano speak - don't miss it. He was really great. I felt renewed after hearing him. It was so much fun seeing all the Seminarians and new priests.


This is Dominic - he's one of our favorite Seminarians, who has been praying for Madeleine since before she was born!


I did not get many good pictures but I enjoyed this one. She kind of yapped through some of the talks but when I gave her the sunglasses it kept her quiet for a while!

I was a little worried about her nap on Saturday, but it turned out that I didn't have to be. I had to introduce one of the speakers after lunch, so about 15 minutes before his talk, I decided to lay her down in her stroller with her silky and walk her around the block. She was fast asleep before I got halfway across the parking lot! So I just parked her in the corner of the room and got to listen to his talk in peace. She slept there for about an hour and a half!

I made her a shirt that said "Frassati girl" and it was a hit, but unfortunately I did not get a picture! Anyway, we had a great weekend, especially spending time with our friends after the conference was over. Thanks for hanging out with us!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

This sounds like the kind of conference I would love to attend. M. looks adorable in thoe glasses how do you not squeeze her constantly!!!

Aubrey said...

That conference sounds neat! Glad that she did so well for you.