Today I didn't get to sit down.
My Grandma and several Aunts and cousins are coming to town on Saturday. My mom and I went to Costco this morning to buy a bunch of food, then we went to mom's house for lunch, and I came home to put Madeleine down for a nap.
After she went to sleep, I got busy. I had to bake a cake for Saturday. I had to look through all my dairy-free/vegan cookbooks so that Madeleine could have a piece. I settled on a recipe and got to work. If it tastes half as good as my kitchen smelled, I think we're in for a treat! While the cake was baking, I cleaned up the kitchen, did two loads of dishes, three loads of laundry, folded diapers and put them away, put all the clothes away, and vacuumed underneath the table where food was thrown from breakfast. Then I steamed and pureed some carrots and cut up some sweet potatoes fries for dinner. I heated up a snack and ate it while I cooked. I picked up a sippy cup to move it out of my way and it hit me. Not too long ago I wasn't sure I'd ever have a baby. Ken was always optimistic, but sometimes I wasn't sure. (He likes to point this out to me now too!) I get to move sippy cups out of the way. I am privileged to have to bake dairy free cakes and cookies for my daughter. I get to stay home a lot now so I can cook and clean and help out my mom. Wow.
After all of this, I was just about to sit down on the couch when I heard a sweet little voice through the monitor. "Mama! Mama!" the voice said. And she was calling for ME. I am so blessed.
6 comments:
God is so amazing!
What a sweet post!
Oh, I'm crying! Lovely.
you are . . . very blessed.
I wrote a similar post myself somehwere back there. Those are good days.
And I am blessed, too...to have you and Madeleine!
Post a Comment