Friday, July 18, 2008

Another phrase

To add to the list of things I never thought I'd EVER say before I had a kid.

Last night, Madeleine went to the potty, and then followed Ken into the bathroom while he was pouring it out. As they walked into the bathroom, this is what came out of my mouth,

"Don't let her kiss the toilet!"

You see, whenever we say "Bye bye pee, or bye bye poo," she says "Kiss" and "Hug" and tries to kiss the hug the toilet, making that phrase a necessity at our house.

9 comments:

Joe D. said...

Mary hasn't tried to kiss the toilet yet, but she like to try and play in the water

Ouiz said...

Oh, the things we shout out... and mean... when we are parents! I wrote on my blog recently that I honestly had to shout to my son:

"Quit flushing burps down the toilet!"

sigh.

Brenda said...

What is funnier is the fact you have to remind him! I would have to tell Che that too.

5Inglins.CA said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Way to funny! The things we say to our kids or about our kids!

Beck said...

That's good advice, though. Just don't kiss it.

Kathryn said...

Oh Beth, you must print this blog out and save it for M. She is gonna love that you recorded this priceless, precious, information from her baby days!!
I still check your blog, and enjoy catching up on you Ken, and M.!!

bren j. said...

Ack! But I'm with Beck - that IS good advice.

LifeHopes said...

Well at least it's a good incentive to keep the potties clean:)

Heather said...

HA!