That's what I think I should name this blog sometimes.
I know I'm a first time mom. I know I want a lot of kids. I know I'll have to deal with a lot of poop. But seriously, I need like a weeks break of not dealing with anyone's poop!!
Ava is potty training, so who knows where the poop will end up, sometimes in the potty chair and I have to dump it out and wash out the chair, gagging all the while. Sometimes in her diaper or God forbid her pull-up. It gets on my hands. It gets on my carpet. It gets on the changing table. I spend a good portion of my day cleaning up someone's poop, wiping someone's butt, or coaxing someone to go on the potty. Not to mention our neighbor's DOG who poops every day in our yard. No, they don't clean it up, and yes, I have to watch very carefully for it when I mow.
I usually don't have TOO bad an attitude about this, but lately it's been a lot to deal with for some reason. It could have to do with an incident that happened a few days ago. I was pulling off Ava's pull up and a little piece fell out onto the carpet in my dining room. OK, I can deal with that. But when she takes her bare foot and grinds it into the carpet, I have had just about enough. Another thing is that lately, Madeleine has taken a certain affinity to corn. I won't say anything more detailed, but I really don't see the point of her eating that particular vegetable.
Here's what I have to remember:
"I'm changing culture, one diaper at a time." Kimberly Hahn
and when asked what she was going to do when she couldn't serve with her sisters in the same capacity anymore, Mother Teresa replied,
"Well, I'm good at cleaning toilets."
12 comments:
Boo! Boo for corn! And yes, ground into the carpet seems like it would be about the limit for most people! Here's hoping for vast amounts of success in short order!
Beth, pardon the pun, but it comes and goes. There will be less poop-full times ahead, I promise! :)
PS I haven't had luck training mine until exactly 35 months, but I think I'm going to try this summer with my Ava.
Funny story: When my oldest was potty training, I was letting him "go free" so to speak, and he pooed on the living room floor. He then proceeded to play golf with it. He made quite a mess in the few minutes before I found him!! He is now almost six and fully potty trained! It gets better=)
PS I think it's easier to deal with when it's your own child. Don't feel so bad about being frustrated!
That's too funny about the corn, of course Mary loves corn as well. Shouldn't Ken be cutting the grass?
Madeleine has taken a certain affinity to corn. I won't say anything more detailed, but I really don't see the point of her eating that particular vegetable.
LOL! I was going to say Mary loves it too, but Pa beat me.
Poo is so gross.
Oh, that is way too funny about the corn!
I am looking forward to this part of life with Raffaele. (Although I can understand the Up To Your Elbows thing.)
Yeah, your OWN kids's poop is gross enough. I can tolerate it. But WOW! Other kids' poop is just ewwwwww. And corn is...definately there:) Just a few more weeks right and just M's poop?
I never knew that when I became a mother that I would become so concerned with what comes out (or doesn't come out) of my children's bottoms. While pooping is a very happy thing for us over here, it is still a very icky sort of process. I could tell you stories about corn, too!! I still think that Madeleine will be easy to train when her time comes.
I seriously believe that Nanny's and babysitter's should get extra pay when the child they are caring for is being potty trained..I mean this!!! It is extra work of the most disgusting kind!!!
I could never abolish corn for Ben, handing him a corn cobb is just about the only way I can eat a full meal most nights *grin*
Just don't ever make the mistake of giving Madeleine corn and kiwi fruit on the same day... especially if an unsuspecting aunt is looking after her that day! (I'd like to thank my sister for my ability to make that observation ;¬))
Wigglers? oh yeah. maggie will come upt ot me if i'm laying on the couch and just raise my shirt and start nursing. and she tries to scoot out of my lap whilst still latched on. and she likes to try and nurse when we are in the tub together. um, do you want to drown???
Post a Comment