Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Have I mentioned

That Madeleine has been sleeping through the night for about a month now? And when I say "through the night" I mean 7:30pm to 7:30am. I actually feel like a real person again! Oh it's been great.

We went to visit my Grandma this morning. Of course she was thrilled with Madeleine. She kept saying, "look at those eyes, they are fantastic!" And then "Look at those dimples!" She even held her hands and let her walk around. One thing Grandma always does is pull Madeleine's thumb out of her mouth over and over. She is NOT thrilled with that, and we tell Grandma she doesn't like it, but you know she doesn't remember. I think she is doing well, when we got there she was down in the dining room listening to some gospel music with several other people.

We also had to go to the Anderson court house to get a copy of Grandma and Grandpa's marriage license. You know things were a lot different on these licenses 68 years ago. For example, they ask what "color" you are. Then they ask if the person is an imbecile, idiotic or feeble minded. Well. You think people are going to be honest on THAT question? Speaking of idiotic, the whole place was filled with "O" supporters. You know who I'm talking about. They were wearing shirts and buttons and generally being loudmouths. I think he's in Indiana right now. I say good riddance when he leaves.

This post is SO random so I am going to sign off and go see who was voted off American Idol :)

7 comments:

Barb said...

It is wonderful when they sleep all night, isn't it? Getting enough sleep always has such an impact on how I feel.
That's cute about your Grandma. When we were blessed with Beth, my grandmother was in the end stages of Alzheimer's. She hadn't spoken to me in several years. I took Beth to see her, and my grandmother's eyes brightened up, and she said "What a cutie!" Just like my grandma used to be...those were the last words I heard her say. For just a moment I had my grandmother back. What a blessing!
Hope you have a blessed day!

Cathy said...

My, how the tables have turned.

Mary now goes to bed at 9PM and wakes up at 7AM.
In addition, she only takes one nap (albeit a three hour nap) a day.

Not a big sleeper, she.

Beth said...

Ma, Madeleine started taking one nap right when she turned one. Ava took two naps until she was two! But it's ok - she used to take a 45 min nap in the morning and then maybe and hour and a half if I was lucky in the afternoon. Now it's usually a 2.5-3 hour nap in the afternoon.

Thanks for the comment, Barb. It's amazing the affect babies have on elderly people - you should see everyone just light up when we walk down the halls! And when she says "hello" - forget about it!

Kathryn said...

Oh, it is like a whole new lease on life when the sleeping through the night becomes routine!
I love hearing about your Grandma!

FloridaWife said...

I know who you mean when you say "O." I lost all respect for him (well, except human respect) after that whole middle-finger/Hillary scratching event a few weeks ago. Thoroughly annoyed.

LifeHopes said...

Yay for sleeping all night!!!

bren j. said...

Whoa. What? Some people have kids that take more than one nap/day? The LG must've missed that lesson. She's up once, sometimes twice, a few times not at all during the night. But yes, those nights when I don't have to get up? Oh it's bliss! She's still a good sleeper though. I was going to tell you what time I usually get up but it might make me sound like a lazy parent and then of course having said it, she would probably start getting up at 6am. *shudder*

I don't think, er, 'O' has been up here yet. No complaints from us though...I'm not sure he'd get a very good reception around here - even if people could stop worrying about the price of oil/gas long enough to notice.