Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


For Mother's day my sister in law and I got Madeleine and Eli's picture taken together for my mom. Sorry about this poor quality, but it's a picture of a picture! Mom loved it, and said it was the cutest thing she has ever seen :) We actually got her a kind of collage of three different pictures which were all really cute!
Ken got me a great gift. On a piece of paper he printed out a list of jobs he will do for me - including cleaning my bathroom, changing diapers, doing dishes, filling up my gas tank, and hours of baby-free duty where I can do whatever I want! He did pretty well, I'd say! Thanks Ken!
This morning at Mass, Madeleine was SO good. I just held her and her silky blanket the whole time and she was calm and quiet. The music was beautiful too. At the end I got to stand up and get blessed with all the other mothers. I'm so grateful to be a mother, it's the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. When I was standing up there, I was reminded of all the Mother's days when I didn't get to stand up. I wanted to be a mother so much, but I couldn't be one yet. I had to wait. Please if you are reading this, say a quick prayer for all the women who long to be mothers but for whatever reason, it hasn't happened yet. And know that you are all in my prayers every day.
Happy Mother's day to you all, and may God bless you!

7 comments:

Brenda said...

That's a great picture! And we had the special blessing too and I have been biting my lip all day trying to keep from bursting into tears. Can you say "hormones"?

FloridaWife said...

Happy Mother's day to you!!!!

And that was a neat gift that Ken gave you.

Angela said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Veronica said...

Happy Mother's Day Beth and what an adorable picture! I will definitely say a prayer for those waiting to be mothers. Ken, you did good!

LifeHopes said...

What a beautiful picture of Madeleine and Eli.

I can see why your mother loves it!

Beck said...

Oh, they're beautiful!

Ouiz said...

Happy Mother's day!