

This is the face Madeleine's been making lately - a silly, squinty eyed smile. We find it hilariously cute, just like everything else she does :)
It's been great the past few months to see her personality really start to develop. I think she's going to be a stubborn little thing. She knows what she wants and she lets you know. She loves to make us laugh. Unfortunately she thinks "No" is the funniest word she's ever heard and keeps right on doing whatever it is we tell her NOT to do. Like throwing food on the floor. At EVERY single meal. She does it and then looks at us with those huge blue eyes like "What are YOU going to do about it?" Very unfortunately for us, we have a hard time keeping a straight face when she does this. She is definitely testing her limits.
She is a very social young lady. Today we went to Ava's music class and she crawled around saying "Hi" or "Hello" to everyone. She went right up to the kids and tried to take their instruments. She is everyone's favorite baby at the grocery store and everyone fights over who gets to check us out. We frequently hear "that is the cutest baby we've ever seen." Of course we totally agree! She says at least 50 - 75 words very well, and learns more every day. She LOVES Grace and Ava (Gace and AAAhva). She gets SO excited when Grace gets in the car. She makes her laugh every day. She always tries to get her attention. "Gace. GAACE. GACE!" And when Grace finally says "What?" She says, "Hi."
Even though she's asserting her independance, she is usually a very patient kid. She's happy to sit in her stroller and carseat. She hardly EVER cries (except, for example, when her MOM tries to take her away from her GRANDMA - heaven forbid!) She's always up for an adventure. I think she is going to be a very fun, laid back, stubborn, sweet, silly girl. And I love every bit of her.
.
8 comments:
Awww, such a great post and full of love for your little one!
When mine start thinking it is funny for me to say no and I can't keep a straight face I remove them from the center of attention and place them in another room. Trust me, if I can't keep a straight face neither can ALL their siblings so the babies could be destined to be little pickles if I let them, all sour and sass. Removing them sends a clear message "you won't be the center when you behave that way".
Forgive me for offering what works for me, I just can't help myself *smile*
50-75 words??? That is not normal beth, it is superior I believe!
Thanks Kathryn - I just got a tip from an experienced mom too - to take her right out of her high chair as soon as she throws the food. Maybe put her in the other room. So I am going to try this!
Brenda - I know! She's been talking since 9 months and says SO many words. She's slow on walking but she is an amazing talker. Those are just the words she uses on a normal basis. You can ask her to say anything and she'll try and most of the time she does a great job!
I can't wait to be part of her new audience in a few weeks!!!
You've got a SMART lil' girl!
My Boy was an early talker, like her, and by 1 1/2 he'd follow me along, giving me a running narration of what I was doing - so you can look forward to that in your own near future.
I'm late in commenting, but just wanted to say, CONGRATULATIONS on getting to stay home part-time now. I'm so happy for you!
She's adorable as always. Yes, we always do the remove and distract for this age, from food throwing to laughing at the 'no's'.
So cute, the little personality that she is showing.
Post a Comment