Pope John Paul II was the Pope for my entire life. The Sunday after he died they hung a huge picture of him up by the altar, and it looked like he was waving goodbye. I was so sad. Actually, I cried so hard during mass that my good friend Jenny had to tell me to get ahold of myself! But like the young people said, we were like orphans that night. I feel priviliged to have lived through his papacy, and I will forever remember him and teach my children about him. I got to see him in person 3 times while in Rome in 1995, and his Eucharistic procession is one of my greatest memories. I got within 10 feet of him. Thousands of people gathered around him, but his eyes were fixed on Jesus in the Eucharist the entire time. Lord, help us to follow his example and keep our eyes fixed on You!
2 comments:
Beth, Beth, Beth - I hate to do this to you - I really do, honest! But I have just TAGGED you! LOL Have fun - but I certainly understand if you are too busy to participate.
Enjoy the shrine this weekend and say - next time you are heading that way - let me know - it is only an 9 hour drive for us and we want to go again someday!
Blessings
Christi
John Paul will always occupy a special place in my heart. He truly became my spiritual father and it is because of him that I am Catholic.
John Paul, pray for us!!
Post a Comment