Monday, April 21, 2008

Light blogging ahead

Hello everyone! We had quite the weekend.

First of all, my Grandpa passed away yesterday morning. It was definitely his time and it was very peaceful. If you get a chance, please pray for his soul and for my Grandma, who is having a really hard time. She has short term memory loss, so basically every hour or less she forgets that Grandpa is gone and has to relive it again. It's really sad. Her name is Irene.

So the funeral home is tomorrow and the funeral is Wednesday. I'll be with my family so I doubt there will be posts for a few days.

I do have some good ones coming up though, so stay tuned!

15 comments:

newhousenewjob said...

So sorry - it must be very distressing to see your Grandma keep living through that again. I'll keep her and your family in my prayers.

Cathy said...

So sorry for your loss, Beth.
I'll keep your family in my prayers.
:(

Meredith said...

So sorry, Beth. Your relationship with your grandparents sounds a lot like mine, and even though he lived a long life, adjusting to the loss can be hard. I pray your family time in the next few days draws you together and uplifts you all.

Angela said...

I'm so sorry about your grandpa. Your family will be in my prayers.

Barb said...

Prayers for all of you...
May his soul, and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace...

Kathryn said...

I'm praying for all of you, but especially your Grandma Irene.

Veronica said...

Adding my prayers too, Beth. Lots of hugs for your grandmother.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Beth. I'm praying for them. I had no idea your grandma's name is Irene. That's my mom's mom's name too. Irene Magdalene. :)

Brenda said...

Dear Beth, I"m so sorry for you and your family. We will lift you all up in prayer!

Heather said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather - as well as the pain your grandmother is going through. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Heather said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather - as well as the pain your grandmother is going through. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

LifeHopes said...

Beth- both of your grandparents are in our prayers. We are so sorry for this loss and for the pain you grandmother is suffering through right now.

Beck said...

Oh, I'm so sorry, Beth. I'll keep your Grandmother in my prayers.

Karey said...

That's so sad about your grandma. I will pray for both your grandparents.

FloridaWife said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your grandpa's passing. May he be filled with God's love and comfort.