I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions as to what I've been doing every hour DAY AND NIGHT for three days straight. How much sleep does a person have to lose before being declared legally insane?
It's now 12:45 and I'm taking an unpaid day from work. Madeleine still had a 101.5 fever this morning. She basically hasn't eaten anything for 3 days (well, except see above.) I finally got her to eat some applesauce (basically forcing her) and now she is sleeping again. I know she must be feeling bad because she's been really cuddly - even laying her head on my shoulder. I can count on one hand the times she has done that in her life. She always has to know what is going on around her, nosy little thing.
The heater people were supposed to be here between 8 - 10. Do you think they've been here? No. It's actually ok in here now that the sun is shining in the windows and I have the space heaters going. Yes, I've called. Twice.
I suppose I should get some cleaning done while she's sleeping - maybe eat something myself. I think I'm dehydrated too (see first paragraph.) Thank God Mom brought me an iced soy chai from Starbucks this morning. Caffeine is my friend.
*Update* NOW the heater people call and say they won't be here until between 6 and 10 tonight. Do they realize that I've been sitting in a chair 12 inches from the space heater with a feverish baby ALL DAY LONG? Could we go to Grandma's house to get warm? No, we could not. Could I even give her a soothing warm bath with a space heater in the bathroom? NO, I COULD NOT because I was waiting and waiting for these people to show up. Seriously. Could they possibly be any less courteous? I mean, they tell me they'll be here between 8 and 10 am, so I get up and put the poor baby in her crib instead of laying with her in bed so I could take a shower. If they would have come sometime around then, even a few hours later, well, fine. If they come 12 HOURS LATER, NOT FINE. I think Ken is going to ban me from calling these people any more because he says that in order to get them to pay as much as possible, I have to be "nice." My mother always said, "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all." I'm off to "not say anything at all."
4 comments:
Oh I hope Madeleine feels better soon!! I'm so tired of sickness, come on spring!! Your milk is the perfect food for her, don't worry about her getting any other solids right now while she is ill.
I know for a fact that heating and air conditioning people (at least here in VA) are required to come quickly when there is an infant in the house... a sick infant would require a greater effort. I would find out what the headquarters number is and appeal to them, don't be angry...appeal to them on a "help me" level...I don't know if it will work, but it has for me in the past.
We must have parallel lives as of last night. Maggie had her worst night ever with the CONSTANT nursing. She even did it today and I'm so over it! I've lost all patience with her and she's not even sick! Just a big fat molar coming through. But I was wide awake all night and nursed all the way through. Hope ton1gh is better for all!
We must have parallel lives as of last night. Maggie had her worst night ever with the CONSTANT nursing. She even did it today and I'm so over it! I've lost all patience with her and she's not even sick! Just a big fat molar coming through. But I was wide awake all night and nursed all the way through. Hope ton1gh is better for all!
Post a Comment