Monday, March 10, 2008

Curly Top


This is what she looks like straight out of the bath. Can you tell she has been sick for 3 days? Poor little pale thing. Yes, I finally did get to give her a bath, after I found out that they weren't coming till after 6. I think it made her feel much better. She even played on the floor for a while afterwards(and only tried to knock over the space heaters a few times...)

They heater guys are here right now (at 8:15pm) so things are finally looking up. I am ready to be warm again after 3 days!!
I'm looking forward to Madeleine's one year old doctor appointment tomorrow. I really want to ask about her allergies, and what kind of milk (rice, soy) I can give her. I think he's going to recommend that we go to an allergist, so that will be good - I will be able to find out what she's allergic to, and how allergic she is.
She is doing better now, I think. She ate some baby food plums, bananas and oatmeal (the whole jar) plus some cheerios and a little bit of avocado. I tried to entice her to drink some out of a sippy cup by adding a little juice to her water - she was not impressed. Thanks for reading about our saga - hopefully my posts will be a little more happy and upbeat from now on!
*FINAL (I hope) update* We have heat!!! It is 9pm and the guy just left. It's starting to warm up in here. Thank God!

2 comments:

Ouiz said...

Good grief... I have minimal computer time for a few days, and look at what I miss!

I am so sorry about all this mess! I am praying for a QUICK resolution to it all!

We went through that once right after Kathryn was born. We had a 3 yr old, a 2 yr old, a newborn, and NO HEAT. It got down to 50 some odd degrees in the house and we were sooooooooooooo cold.

Nope. Pioneer life is NOT for me!

Kathryn said...

I'm glad she ate a little last night and I hope today the fever is finally gone for good.
Praise the Lord, you have heat!!!