Sunday, February 17, 2008

Weekend Highlights

Friday night we went to Destination Jesus, where Ken was playing in the band. We had the usual 800 high schoolers, and the usual great music. I held Madeleine in the sling and she was dancing and clapping to the music! She also waved to everyone and was quite the little charmer. Destination Jesus has always been very special to me, and I've had some great experiences there.

Saturday was GREAT!! I got to meet Lifehopes and her husband - they are SO much fun! I wish they lived closer! They came up to see Immaculee Ilibagiza speak at our church (and to meet us, of course :) She was really inspiring, and I definitely think everyone should read her book. Then I left Madeleine for the very first time at night with my mom and went to hear Ken play at the Rathskeller. D and P (from Lifehopes) came with us and also Heather, who I had not seen in a while! We were having a great time when I got a call that Madeleine was throwing up. Mom said I had better come home. By the time I had got home, she had thrown up several more times. We ended up using all of her crib sheets and pajamas, and then I finally put her in bed with me. She slept from 2:30 to 7:00, woke up happy and nursed. I thought she was fine, but then after her morning nap she threw up all over her crib again. She acted fine after that so I decided to go to the Destination Jesus Sunday mass. Well, she threw up again there and when we got home she had a fever. Poor little thing! Basically I have just held her all day. Ken's feeding her some dry toast and pedialyte now, and she seems to be interested, so maybe she's feeling better - I hope!

D and P, we had a great time with you this weekend and hope you come back soon!

Can you believe all this fun stuff and NOT ONE PICTURE??? Sad.

4 comments:

Angela said...

I hope she feels better soon!

Heather said...

I had a blast too!!! I hope she is feeling better.

Meredith said...

I hope Madeleine gets over the yuck soon!

Veronica said...

Sounds like a fun weekend minus that icky tummy bug (which we have here too!). Get better soon Madeleine!