I kept it on the crib WAY too long. It said it could be used up to 5 months, but I stretched it to 10. See, if I took it down that would be admitting that she is growing up, and it's gone way too fast for me. The other night I laid in bed listening to her through the monitor. She started turning the monitor on and off, on and off, and finally she left it on, listening to it scroll through Bach, Beethoven and Mozart as she drifted off to sleep. I was drifting off to sleep too when it hit me that this could very well be the last time I heard that mobile, and I was sad. I thought about the very moment that I put that mobile on her crib, a few months before she was born. It was the very last thing I did before the nursery was complete. Then I sat down in the rocking chair and thought about the little person kicking me, and wondered what she would be like. And since she was about 3 months old, I turned it on for her when she went to bed. The familiar songs lulled her to sleep, and it was part of our bedtime routine. But now she is too big, she is pulling up and grabbing it, so I had to take it down. How did she get so big so fast?


5 comments:
Sniff. I feel you sister. You wish you could wrap up that moment and never forget it. I was desperately trying to remember what Maggie looked like as a newborn nursing. I had to use the football hold b/c of the c section and she kept her fists over her eyes the whole time. But I had to go get a picture after all...
Oh my gosh, that could have been me writing that post!! I felt the EXACT same way when I took down Isabella's mobile. I also left it up way too long. The only reason I took it down was my sister kept making fun of me for leaving it up so long, she said I was only leaving it up because I wanted to keep her a little baby. Yes, I did!
The taking down of the mobile is such a right of passage and so hard to do!
The taking down of the bumper pads is another hard one, when they learn that if they stand on them they could almost pull themselves out of the crib, yikes! I'm always worried they will crash down onto the floor so around a year, the bumper pads go too over here!
I LOVE your crib set, so sweet!
So is Madeleine feeling better now?
Kathryn
Mary's was left up too long as well. She pulled on it until it broke in half.
Awww just tuck that mobile away for the next one and you will feel better about it! :)
I love the flowers on the wall, did you paint that?
Post a Comment